Saturn Sky Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cancelled my order today, they used and abused it on demos and wouldnt release it , im fed up with it, VERA saturn of pembroke pines sux, read my previous post to get the whole story.... fully loaded mazda rx8 here i come!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Calm down.Tell your dealership that you are going to your local news paper with your story,perhaps they will see things differently. AMAZING what a little bad press can accomplish. Remember to CYA against liability!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Wait a minute-- slow down. There has to be a way this can be worked out. Speaking to the right people, speaking to the media, speaking to Saturn Corp. Something has to be done and will be done. This problem has a solution and the SKY FAMILY will come up with one. Please don't give up on this!!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
YIKERS... DONT GIVE UP NOW..... it has been a long uphill climb..... but... ALMOST AT THE SUMMIT....... just CALMLY explain to someone... and if nothing gets done... go to the next rung on the ladder.... they WILL listen. SkyBaby-07
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
I understand your frustration. See my sig.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
830 Posts
Call the 1-800 number now ask for Rick I think thats his name, anyway thay will help, give it a try first......let me know how it go's.....Seal9:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i already went through all the motions with them, they simply dont care, there just gonna sell it to some other sucker, im done with loved the sky but im not gonna lose any sleep over it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
I really dont blame you. Sometimes the people in a company can make you not want the product. Thats why I am glad Richmond Saturn treated me so well. Maybe sleep on it though cause the Sky is a great car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I still think your local news paper would find this story to be news worthy. God bless, what ever you decide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
skyorscooter said:
Calm down.Tell your dealership that you are going to your local news paper with your story,perhaps they will see things differently. AMAZING what a little bad press can accomplish. Remember to CYA against liability!
:agree:
Just cancelling an order:leaving:is making it easy on the dealer. Yes they will find a buyer and yes they will continue their antics with someone else. What they need is a little "publicity".:smash: If you cant fight them :boxing: expose them:willy: You need to reconsider.
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
That sucks!

Sounds like they did a number on this poor fella. Too bad he gave up instead of doing a number on their business image. Ah well, guess not even Saturn Corp is perfect :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
cancelled my order today, they used and abused it on demos and wouldnt release it , im fed up with it, VERA saturn of pembroke pines sux, read my previous post to get the whole story.... fully loaded mazda rx8 here i come!!!!
Why in the world are you punishing yourself? Rx8? - come now! At least you won't have any problems finding one - they've got bushel baskets of them lying around. There's a reason the Sky's are very desirable. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is never a good idea. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Mazda dealer
gave you a hard time? That would be funny. This has the potential to be a very good Seinfeld episode. As for me, I target the car. Any dealer antics are simply
something to be avoided. Drive around the dealer, like you would a pothole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got a fully loaded rx8 for 29k, cant beat it, and after 3of 4 k in mods ill be whooping RL's, i wanted the sky cause it was new and interesting, but im not putting up with anyones crap especially for an expensive saturn... anyhow to each there own , loved being on the site take care to all peace!:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
skysmylimit said:
i got a fully loaded rx8 for 29k, cant beat it, and after 3of 4 k in mods ill be whooping RL's, i wanted the sky cause it was new and interesting, but im not putting up with anyones crap especially for an expensive saturn... anyhow to each there own , loved being on the site take care to all peace!:thumbs:
Good look with your mods and that motor....:lol: A $30K, 3,000 pound car with 159 pounds of torque, that sounds real fast! (0-60 of 6.4 and high 14's in the 1/4) Get ready for marginal mileage and please don't forget to add a quart or two of oil in between oil changes!

Remember you detonate once with that motor and your wankel seals will be gone, I hope you have access to perfect tuning. BTW it's going to take a good 110 more pounds of torque to beat the R/L, not sure how you are going to do that.

I guess you could get a turbo kit installed but a complete kit with tuning/fuel system, installation is going to cost you upwards of $7,600. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
lets see 33K for a RX-8.... with mods
well for such a forward thinking company such as Mazda it is kind of sad they had to steal an Idea from Saturn for their premier sportscar..... Check out the half doors on the RX-8... They got that from the Saturn Quad Coupe.. you can even get one of those redline Quad coupes with more horspower for about 12k less and not have to worry about door dings... and still eat RX-8's for dinner...just think of the mods you could do to the redline for that 12K?

think about it....:thumbs:

PS did you even consider other dealers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
actually found an 05 grand touring addition(loaded,xenon,two tone leather, 6 speed) with 663 miles on it, for um 24.5k, by the way the rx8 is 5.9 to 6.2 on tests 0-60 for the 6speed manual look it up and there not called wankels anymore bud, sheesh some people dont keep up with the times, and a saturn quad whatever please.... the rx8 is a true 50/50 weight car..handles on rails.. the engine is pushed back... point in case im getting a car that spanks the the base sky with more room(weighs only about 150-200pounds more) for 2k less, and it has the mazdaspeed package, when a year goes by the sky will just be another saturn, big deal... i loved the sky but this is the old story where it wasnt the product but those who represent it at the dealer lever that turn'd me off poor old GM, cant wait till the gas prices go up so those ahole salesguys at that VERA,FL dealer cant give hummers and caddys away, then theyll be stuck selling saturns with no allocation muahahaha, but rest assured i wish all you guys the best, enjoy your cars, its just not for me anymore, so dont "hate" on me hahaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
skysmylimit said:
actually found an 05 grand touring addition(loaded,xenon,two tone leather, 6 speed) with 663 miles on it, for um 24.5k, by the way the rx8 is 5.9 to 6.2 on tests 0-60 for the 6speed manual look it up and there not called wankels anymore bud, sheesh some people dont keep up with the times, and a saturn quad whatever please.... the rx8 is a true 50/50 weight car..handles on rails.. the engine is pushed back... point in case im getting a car that spanks the the base sky with more room(weighs only about 150-200pounds more) for 2k less, and it has the mazdaspeed package, when a year goes by the sky will just be another saturn, big deal... i loved the sky but this is the old story where it wasnt the product but those who represent it at the dealer lever that turn'd me off poor old GM, cant wait till the gas prices go up so those ahole salesguys at that VERA,FL dealer cant give hummers and caddys away, then theyll be stuck selling saturns with no allocation muahahaha, but rest assured i wish all you guys the best, enjoy your cars, its just not for me anymore, so dont "hate" on me hahaha
Like I Asked, Did you even Bother checking another Saturn dealer? they are not all like that...

An 05 with Just 663 miles on it???? What the heck is wrong with it, something sounds fishy there.....You better check it out throughly, take it to a mechanic... I would be leary of any car over a year old with less than 1000 miles on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Wow.

well, the rx8's are cool looking cars, good luck!
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top