Saturn Sky Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

aaAAAHHH! done with the sky!!!!! [dealer wouldn't release my car, used it for demos!]

7K views 66 replies 41 participants last post by  Fformula88 
#1 ·
cancelled my order today, they used and abused it on demos and wouldnt release it , im fed up with it, VERA saturn of pembroke pines sux, read my previous post to get the whole story.... fully loaded mazda rx8 here i come!!!!

#2 ·
Calm down.Tell your dealership that you are going to your local news paper with your story,perhaps they will see things differently. AMAZING what a little bad press can accomplish. Remember to CYA against liability!

#3 ·
Wait a minute-- slow down. There has to be a way this can be worked out. Speaking to the right people, speaking to the media, speaking to Saturn Corp. Something has to be done and will be done. This problem has a solution and the SKY FAMILY will come up with one. Please don't give up on this!!

#4 ·
YIKERS... DONT GIVE UP NOW..... it has been a long uphill climb..... but... ALMOST AT THE SUMMIT....... just CALMLY explain to someone... and if nothing gets done... go to the next rung on the ladder.... they WILL listen. SkyBaby-07

#6 ·
I understand your frustration. See my sig.

#7 ·
Call the 1-800 number now ask for Rick I think thats his name, anyway thay will help, give it a try first......let me know how it go's.....Seal9:cheers:

#12 ·
skyorscooter said:
Calm down.Tell your dealership that you are going to your local news paper with your story,perhaps they will see things differently. AMAZING what a little bad press can accomplish. Remember to CYA against liability!
:agree:
Just cancelling an order:leaving:is making it easy on the dealer. Yes they will find a buyer and yes they will continue their antics with someone else. What they need is a little "publicity".:smash: If you cant fight them :boxing: expose them:willy: You need to reconsider.
:cheers:

#13 ·
That sucks!

Sounds like they did a number on this poor fella. Too bad he gave up instead of doing a number on their business image. Ah well, guess not even Saturn Corp is perfect :confused:

#14 ·
cancelled my order today, they used and abused it on demos and wouldnt release it , im fed up with it, VERA saturn of pembroke pines sux, read my previous post to get the whole story.... fully loaded mazda rx8 here i come!!!!
Why in the world are you punishing yourself? Rx8? - come now! At least you won't have any problems finding one - they've got bushel baskets of them lying around. There's a reason the Sky's are very desirable. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is never a good idea. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Mazda dealer
gave you a hard time? That would be funny. This has the potential to be a very good Seinfeld episode. As for me, I target the car. Any dealer antics are simply
something to be avoided. Drive around the dealer, like you would a pothole.

#15 ·
i got a fully loaded rx8 for 29k, cant beat it, and after 3of 4 k in mods ill be whooping RL's, i wanted the sky cause it was new and interesting, but im not putting up with anyones crap especially for an expensive saturn... anyhow to each there own , loved being on the site take care to all peace!:thumbs:

#16 · (Edited)
skysmylimit said:
i got a fully loaded rx8 for 29k, cant beat it, and after 3of 4 k in mods ill be whooping RL's, i wanted the sky cause it was new and interesting, but im not putting up with anyones crap especially for an expensive saturn... anyhow to each there own , loved being on the site take care to all peace!:thumbs:
Good look with your mods and that motor....:lol: A $30K, 3,000 pound car with 159 pounds of torque, that sounds real fast! (0-60 of 6.4 and high 14's in the 1/4) Get ready for marginal mileage and please don't forget to add a quart or two of oil in between oil changes!

Remember you detonate once with that motor and your wankel seals will be gone, I hope you have access to perfect tuning. BTW it's going to take a good 110 more pounds of torque to beat the R/L, not sure how you are going to do that.

I guess you could get a turbo kit installed but a complete kit with tuning/fuel system, installation is going to cost you upwards of $7,600. :cheers:

#17 ·
lets see 33K for a RX-8.... with mods
well for such a forward thinking company such as Mazda it is kind of sad they had to steal an Idea from Saturn for their premier sportscar..... Check out the half doors on the RX-8... They got that from the Saturn Quad Coupe.. you can even get one of those redline Quad coupes with more horspower for about 12k less and not have to worry about door dings... and still eat RX-8's for dinner...just think of the mods you could do to the redline for that 12K?

think about it....:thumbs:

PS did you even consider other dealers?

#18 ·
actually found an 05 grand touring addition(loaded,xenon,two tone leather, 6 speed) with 663 miles on it, for um 24.5k, by the way the rx8 is 5.9 to 6.2 on tests 0-60 for the 6speed manual look it up and there not called wankels anymore bud, sheesh some people dont keep up with the times, and a saturn quad whatever please.... the rx8 is a true 50/50 weight car..handles on rails.. the engine is pushed back... point in case im getting a car that spanks the the base sky with more room(weighs only about 150-200pounds more) for 2k less, and it has the mazdaspeed package, when a year goes by the sky will just be another saturn, big deal... i loved the sky but this is the old story where it wasnt the product but those who represent it at the dealer lever that turn'd me off poor old GM, cant wait till the gas prices go up so those ahole salesguys at that VERA,FL dealer cant give hummers and caddys away, then theyll be stuck selling saturns with no allocation muahahaha, but rest assured i wish all you guys the best, enjoy your cars, its just not for me anymore, so dont "hate" on me hahaha

#19 ·
skysmylimit said:
actually found an 05 grand touring addition(loaded,xenon,two tone leather, 6 speed) with 663 miles on it, for um 24.5k, by the way the rx8 is 5.9 to 6.2 on tests 0-60 for the 6speed manual look it up and there not called wankels anymore bud, sheesh some people dont keep up with the times, and a saturn quad whatever please.... the rx8 is a true 50/50 weight car..handles on rails.. the engine is pushed back... point in case im getting a car that spanks the the base sky with more room(weighs only about 150-200pounds more) for 2k less, and it has the mazdaspeed package, when a year goes by the sky will just be another saturn, big deal... i loved the sky but this is the old story where it wasnt the product but those who represent it at the dealer lever that turn'd me off poor old GM, cant wait till the gas prices go up so those ahole salesguys at that VERA,FL dealer cant give hummers and caddys away, then theyll be stuck selling saturns with no allocation muahahaha, but rest assured i wish all you guys the best, enjoy your cars, its just not for me anymore, so dont "hate" on me hahaha
Like I Asked, Did you even Bother checking another Saturn dealer? they are not all like that...

An 05 with Just 663 miles on it???? What the heck is wrong with it, something sounds fishy there.....You better check it out throughly, take it to a mechanic... I would be leary of any car over a year old with less than 1000 miles on it

#22 ·
i am going the opposite way!! my RX8 lease is over this fall and i have a RL on order.... I miss having torque!! haha.... and also saving on gas will be nice..... especially at $1.21/liter!!!!

Have fun with the RX8 its a great car but i would still hold out for another Sky...

#23 ·
skysmylimit said:
That's not uncommon. At my dealership, the first car came in and it was purchased under the condition that it stays at the dealership for 1 week as a demo. Your situation is not uncommon and going to any newspaper will not create any kind of uprise. I got mine and it had 89 miles on it.

#24 ·
Angelqute1-- Question for you-- Why would I close a deal on a vehicle and leave without it? If it is MINE, then I want it. Now the dealership may give up some "goodies" and I might consider letting it stay in the showroom locked and behind ropes, but nobody sits in it and for sure no body will drive my new car that I have waited so long for. If the dealer wants something, then the dealer gives something.:cool:

#25 ·
IslandHopper said:
Angelqute1-- Question for you-- Why would I close a deal on a vehicle and leave without it? If it is MINE, then I want it. Now the dealership may give up some "goodies" and I might consider letting it stay in the showroom locked and behind ropes, but nobody sits in it and for sure no body will drive my new car that I have waited so long for. If the dealer wants something, then the dealer gives something.:cool:
:agree: I can understand if the owner of the Sky made arrangements with the dealer to allow the car to sit on the floor for X amount of days...but if the dealer allows people to test drive and/or sit in it...well, that's just plain WRONG...IMO. When my Sky arrives at my dealership, I will most likely allow the car to sit on the showroom floor for a few days, simply because it's difficult for me to get the time off from work to go and pick it up...which only leaves Saturdays open for me. However, if I find out that my car was used for a testdrive or had people pawing all over it and sitting in it...my dealer will definitely NOT get a positive rating on the customer survey. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.