Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they wont give me my sky, till another one comes in, and there demo'ing it, and parking it f'd up in the lot and leaving it out in the rain!!!!!! and get this the GM of the dealer told me it was GM policy to always have one on the lot wait for another to come in, before realeasing it to a customer!!??? needless to say i called saturn and filed a complaint... i told them they got one more week, so basically if your waiting for a sky from this dealer, it will be demo'd and you will be waiting till another comes in....my advice go to a high volume saturn dealer, not a hummer/caddilac/saturn dealer... i so wanna expose this dealer for what they are crooks, i even knew more about the sky than the manager, but im still waiting... just letting those in S.FL peeps know stay away from VERA HUMMER CADILLAC SATURN OF PEMBROKE PINES!! :mad:

·
Registered
802 Posts
skysmylimit said:
they wont give me my sky, till another one comes in, and there demo'ing it, and parking it f'd up in the lot and leaving it out in the rain!!!!!! and get this the GM of the dealer told me it was GM policy to always have one on the lot wait for another to come in, before realeasing it to a customer!!??? needless to say i called saturn and filed a complaint... i told them they got one more week, so basically if your waiting for a sky from this dealer, it will be demo'd and you will be waiting till another comes in....my advice go to a high volume saturn dealer, not a hummer/caddilac/saturn dealer... i so wanna expose this dealer for what they are crooks, i even knew more about the sky than the manager, but im still waiting... just letting those in S.FL peeps know stay away from VERA HUMMER CADILLAC SATURN OF PEMBROKE PINES!! :mad:
If you have already paid for it, it is yours! I let them use mine for display only for one week..they hemmed and hawwed for a few extra days after that, but when I asked for rent (like Hertz) they had it ready that evening. Your dealer could be waiting for weeks for another arrival, time to make noise (esp. if they are demo'ing it) Ask for a discount of so much per mile, as it is a used car now.:mad:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It is not a used car until someone else has registered it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i filed a complaint with saturn already.... this dealer doesnt even list mpg on there hummer h2 stickers, which i think is illegal... i hear yah i will man

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
skysmylimit said:
::sigh::

·
Registered
802 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
It is not a used car until someone else has registered it.
Apples? Oranges? It's still used - quit being so picky, we all know about registration. But as a fe'r instance, if it had 10000 miles and never been registered would it be a new car? (Yeah, maybe in Canada, forgot about that)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I would think you could file a complaint with the local bbb too. That really stinks. I hope you get her soon...:thumbs: Hubby wants to know if it says anywhere on any paperwork you signed that they can do that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
make some noise, make a LOT of noise, that's completely unacceptable... you bought the car.

hell 99.99999% of the dealerships out there won't let ANYONE drive the car if someone has already bought it, that ALONE is ridiculous, especially combined with leaving it up in the air of when you're goin to have it, when it's RIGHT THERE

·
Registered
363 Posts
My dealership called me when the first Sky came in so that I could see it, but I was told that I couldn't touch it. :nono: I was reminded several times of this while I was looking at it. They said that it was sold and that the only person besides the staff that could touch it was the new owner. I would not be the least bit pleased if I purchased my Sky and was then told not only that I could not take it home, but that others would be allowed to touch, sit in and drive my car.:mad: If you don't get the response you are looking for keep raising this to the next level until you find someone that will give you the response you want. You know the media always gets a nice response if it comes to that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey! -They are doing the same thing here at the local dealership on the southwest coast of Florida. They are leaving the sold car outside on the podium. I happened to see it earlier this week after a heavy shower with the wet black top all wrinkled. For curiosity sake I stopped and the sales person told me they wont release the car till their next one comes in. If I were the buyer I would be pssd! :banghead: Another good reason I did not buy locally. I acted the role as if I were an interested buyer and was told they have deposits on 30 and have stopped taking any more. Why so many I ask as the one on display was only #3?:confused: I think there may be a few disgruntled buyers come end of summer when production ceases. :mad: All he could say was "next year??"
:cheers:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Unfortunately this seems the running order with GM dealers. I guess they are trying to market the car, but hell I market it 10X more than any dealer just driving it around. Do you know how many people ask me to see it, touch it, sit in it, where did I get it, what is it...etc. I market the hell out of it and I am positive I have caused a few to go to Saturn and ask to be put ont he list. I am even nice enough to mention the RL in upcoming months :cheers:

·
Registered
256 Posts
The two Saturn dealerships in Maryland that I've dealt with have a different philosophy. They ordered the first one as their demo and have let people with deposits test drive it. The first customer order was #2. I'm not even sure the first car will even be sold this year.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a dealer here in Texas try the same thing with my husband and I. We said no way did we want a used car. We ordered elsewhere out of state. When the local dealer got his in we stopped by to see if only qualified interested buyers were allowed to drive the display car,,,,nope,anyone that came in was asked if they wanted to take a spin, including us. We had just walked up and played dumb and said what is it and the reply was It's a SKY and would you like to drive it. Tell me the demo's don't get put to the test by every Ton, Dick and Harry (qualified interested buyers my butt). Find another dealer.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
eldeeko said:
Apples? Oranges? It's still used - quit being so picky, we all know about registration. But as a fe'r instance, if it had 10000 miles and never been registered would it be a new car? (Yeah, maybe in Canada, forgot about that)
I believe 11,000 or 12,000 Kms is where the cut off is (we take our service shuttle and demo drivers out of service at about 9,500 Kms just to be safe). You can still get all the financing programs and new car incentives on dealer demos with up to 11,000 Kms on them.

·
Registered
802 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
I believe 11,000 or 12,000 Kms is where the cut off is (we take our service shuttle and demo drivers out of service at about 9,500 Kms just to be safe). You can still get all the financing programs and new car incentives on dealer demos with up to 11,000 Kms on them.
It appears I was correct. Canada considers it a new car even after the first years mileage accumulation has rolled over to the next year and the next years models are already out...and what per se is the new car incentive on a SKY? I cannot even get an Friends and Family discount as a retired employee (on the SKY). ah, but this stuff should be on another thread.
ps My reference originally was to a vehicle that has already been paid for and still not delivered to the customer being used as a demonstrator (dealer should be paying rent!)

·
Registered
453 Posts
jrarant said:
My dealership called me when the first Sky came in so that I could see it, but I was told that I couldn't touch it. :nono: I was reminded several times of this while I was looking at it. They said that it was sold and that the only person besides the staff that could touch it was the new owner. I would not be the least bit pleased if I purchased my Sky and was then told not only that I could not take it home, but that others would be allowed to touch, sit in and drive my car.:mad: If you don't get the response you are looking for keep raising this to the next level until you find someone that will give you the response you want. You know the media always gets a nice response if it comes to that.
My dealer also calls me in to drool when a new sky arrives, but like you, he tells us no touching, or sitting in another owners car. As a matter of fact, he told us that by law he :nono: CAN NOT hold the car for more than 24 hours on his lot. He said that once the car comes in, legally the owner has to pick it up and take it off the lot within 24 hours!! So, I'm confused as to how they can force you to leave the car. Get some legal advise on this, I sure would. I've already contacted an attorney about them forcing me to take the alarm for an additonal $3000.00. He is already contacting the dealer on this issue. Good luck, I hope you nail the slime.
T

·
Registered
90 Posts
My dealer has a demo car, I think that MN dealers (altogether) have 4 demo vehicles. I was in Las Vegas when my dealership called and invited me to come in and take a ride. (bout 2 Mo. ago) I rushed nown to the Las Vegas dealer expecting them to have one also. NOPE. (big shrug) Las Vegas of all places. Strange world we live in hugh.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hearing about this type of dealership, really burns me up!!! Let me just say that, if I pay my money for a product--when I sign my name and it is mine-- it goes with me. Give me my keys and I am gone. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, stand for this!! The policy of [we can't let it go until we get another] is a bunch of B.S.:mad: Contact Saturn, contact the BBB, hell I would call the police--for they are withholding your personal merchandise:nono: This dealer needs to be blacklisted by Saturn corp. for doing this. Also contact the television stations in your viewing area. Help me Howard on channel 7 loves this kind of stuff. Its one thing not to have your car because of transit/ train problems, but it is unbelieveable not to have it because of a GM of a major dealership.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts