Saturn Sky Forum banner

About to place order

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bumsky2 
#1 ·
I am (later this morning) going to place an order for my new Sky! (oh happy me:D ) The remaining question is color. Anyone see the red with tan top and tan interior up close ??? if so how does the tan top look with the red exterior?
Also.....why can't we get the dark grey with tan and tan?????? Now THAT would be very rick looking.......remember the old XKE in that???? Verry nice!

#3 ·
My test drive was in a red with tan top and tan leather. Great looking car. I now think all Sky colors are equal except two, red and yellow. The Sky says "look at me". The red and yellow Sky's scream "LOOK AT ME!!!"

#4 ·
I was interested in getting the tan with red until I saw it up close. I was hoping for a Ferrari Red/Tan but the tan that comes on the Sky is just too faded or light for me.

The rear window doesn't take up all the verticle space around it so with tan you end up seeing 3-4 inches of tan material surrounding the rear glass. With the black top it all kind of blends and isn't as noticable.

Make sure you see a rear view of the tan top before your order it.

#5 ·
Color Options

Thanks for the input and especially the "tip" on the rear window edging....hummmm, that does make sense. Well its two hours to "Order time" and I STILL havn't a firm thought on color.........Dark Grey with Tan Leather and Black top is sort of worming its way into me........

#6 ·
CUINOZ said:
Thanks for the input and especially the "tip" on the rear window edging....hummmm, that does make sense. Well its two hours to "Order time" and I STILL havn't a firm thought on color.........Dark Grey with Tan Leather and Black top is sort of worming its way into me........
GM is VERY specific on the color combos for this car and they will not even let you special order variants. You need to look at the complete ordering guide that shows what you can and cannot combine. Sorry sweetie but I dont think they will let you have Graphite with black and tan....... :confused: but dont worry the graphite and black is gorgeous :thumbs:

#7 ·
Cuinoz, another thing to consider -- if this is your first trip to the dealership regarding the Sky, you will most likely just be placed on the dealer's wait list and your order will not be sent to Saturn/GM for at least a couple weeks to a month or so (possibly much longer). This means you can change your mind/think about colors all the way until your order is sent to GM (ask your salesperson to give you a call before your order is sent just to confirm the options you wanted). If you have already been on the waiting list and are going to talk to them about sending your order to GM today, ignore this message... but I wasn't sure from your post so I just wanted to throw this out there. You can tell them one color combo today but if you are looking through pictures and find another one more appealing just give them a call and tell them to change your order! :)

#8 ·
I originally wanted red with black top,,,,my hubbie talked me in to the red with tan top. I have no regrets now that I didn't get my way. I love the red with tan. Sheryl :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.