Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
I can understand how you feel. In another lifetime/career I was in automotive and had customers go into shock about the prices of NOS or used parts. Even though the advertisement says 1 year warranty, sometimes it hard or almost impossible to have it honored.
I got rid of my favorite PWC last year (2003 Sea Doo XPDI) not because it gave me any problems, but with what replacement parts would cost me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious how you knew you needed this part? Mine is throwing lots of warnings: TCS, ABS, Stability, etc. all at the same time. The shop is saying it needs a new ABS Control Unit -- ABS Control Module I assume.

It was also throwing a low voltage code and an air bag system code... so it made me wonder if it wasn't just a voltage issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is an ABS control module necessary to pass inspection? Could a Saturn Sky pass inspection without ABS, TCS, or ESC? Is there a way to get a pass on needing these features?

·
Registered
5 Posts
(P.S. The answer to my question above is no. ABS, TCS, and ESC were necessary to pass inspection.)

Update and new problem:

I finally got my ABS Control Module delivered and installed all today!

However, there's a C0551 code we cannot clear. GM is suggesting they are the only ones who can clear it -- for $90 CAD. Is there a way to clear this code myself?

The error:

Rectangle Font Number Parallel Pattern

(P.S. The other antilock brake code was C0460 and we got it cleared.)

The fix:

Computer Output device Communication Device Font Personal computer

·
Administrator
8,052 Posts
(P.S. The answer to my question above is no. ABS, TCS, and ESC were necessary to pass inspection.)

Update and new problem:

I finally got my ABS Control Module delivered and installed all today!

However, there's a C0551 code we cannot clear. GM is suggesting they are the only ones who can clear it -- for $90 CAD. Is there a way to clear this code myself?

The error:

(P.S. The other antilock brake code was C0460 and we got it cleared.)

The fix:
That reads like it requires a download from GM, but I do not have access to the service manuals at the moment. If that is the case it is possible with the proper hardware (Tech2 or equivalent) and an internet connection to access the data and download it, but there is still a cost, and you risk destroying the module if something goes wrong during the download.

If no one beats me to it I will look up the programming/setup requirements for that module and can let you know later tonight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts