Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my ac compressor started growling some time back and started causing the belt to squeak at idle. that told me the compressor was on its way out, it was a matter of time.
it finally gave out when I was 150 miles from home on some twisty roads. the compressor didn't lock up tight... but it did get really tight. caused the car to overheat... I saw 240 for a couple of minutes. (sooo glad it held togeather) as soon as I turned off the AC the coolant temp dropped back to below 200.
now I have a compressor, condenser, dryer, expansion valve, and soft lines waiting to go on.
I ran into a small issue, there are apparently two designs of hoses out of the compressor. the hose I received is different on the low pressure side at the compressor.
mine has one bend in the aluminum low pressure line at the compressor, the one I received has two bends. I know its hard to see, but does anyone know if they have the double bend design on their car?
mine looks like this 1599943521968.png

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Just guessing, but maybe a difference between the le5 vs lnf engines (n/a vs turbo)?

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
The parts book I have says that both models, all years, of the Sky use the same hose assembly.

The '06 Solstice is excluded from the list, but the service manual illustration is the same for the '06 Solstice and the '07 Sky. For what that's worth.

What year/model car are you working on, and what part number hose assembly did you buy?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2007 NA.
I'm wondering if they changed the clocking of the openings on the compressor. I've found a listing for what I think is the correct hose using part number 25853612 , but all sites I've visited say it's discontinued.

the middle pic is of the new hose set as close to in place as it would get but it's hitting the intake.
the bottom pic is of the old hoses bolted in place.
but here is a shot of them side by side.
new hose is an aftermarket UAC HA112639C ... and it references OEM Part Number(s): 25853611

1 - 4 of 4 Posts