Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO as you all know, I cancelled my original order on cinco de mayo..... I wasn't ready at that time for the car. I was proabably going to wait 6 months from now until I did the deal. WELL my good good friend is a sales(woman) at the Saturn dealership. I spent the other day over there drooling at 2 Sky's, one graphite and one silver pearl. Both sold. Today she called me at work and said the silver pearl cancelled. I was there. I drove it, loved it and did the deal. I got approved by the dealer but the banks were very busy. I have to wait until tomorrow morning to find out for sure. I'm putting 0 down and its going to be 635 a month!

I was planning on trading in my Tiburon but after they drove it, they said it has bad lifters. They gave my car a week to live!!! Its me and my dad on the loan and they said there should be no problem, which is great esp. since my dad is a finance manager for a ford dealership.

The car is:

Silver Pearl
Black/Black leather
painted wheels (looks better on silver)
Stick Shift
(not sure about LSD!!!)
Spoiler
XM - 5 cd changer / sub

I really like the Silver Graphite but I just fell in love with this car.

Please keep me in mind and please pray for me! I should have a Sky by tomorrow!

Brian

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
Could be for 48 months at 2.9% selling at $29,000.00 with taxes and tags included.
2.9%??? I haven't seen a rate that good, especially from the dealer. Have you?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
could also be that he's young with limited credit history. therefore somewhat of a risk as the bank sees it = higher interest rate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
depends

Many cars have supplimented financing.

My wife's Touareg has 0 percent right now. I have a 3.9 on my Audi

so its possible. With these cars selling at full pop I hope they are at least giving a break on interest.

·
1,012 Posts
aleicgrant said:
Many cars have supplimented financing.

My wife's Touareg has 0 percent right now. I have a 3.9 on my Audi

so its possible. With these cars selling at full pop I hope they are at least giving a break on interest.
See from all the dealers i went to the sky doesnt get any incentive interest rates. Best my saturn dealer was offering for the sky was about 7%. So i elected to go elsewhere.

·
1,012 Posts
skyguy85 said:
I really like the Silver Graphite but I just fell in love with this car.

Please keep me in mind and please pray for me! I should have a Sky by tomorrow!

Brian
Good luck Brian! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Yea Happy trails! :driving:

That monthly does seem high but who knows ... I may be on the floor gasping my wallet... :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Congratulations, Brian! I'm really happy for you! That payment does seem really high, though. Make sure you try other financing options- I got a much better by joining a credit union than I would've through the dealer.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well its 0 down, 72 months and probably around 8%.... BUT don't worry my dad's a finance manager for a dealership and he knows the owner of this store so I am going to probably be getting all the 'dealer accessories' that they require for free. I can't see my payments any lower with 0 down. Credit unions can be great, however they are more strick and neither me or my dad have perfect credit. He is also very paranoid about having his credit run too many times so we will probably go with the dealer. I really don't care about the payments, i'm going to be paying the car off in a year or so. =)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
You can run from the SKY, but eventually it catches you and bites you in the butt...

Congrats.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats!

Many happy miles!
There's nothing like driving with the top down - and watching folks stare with thier mouths open!

:cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man thats great I envy you so much. I also like the tiburon, another great looking car. Its a hard choice for me between the Tib and the Sky.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats :cheers: Glad it worked out for you. Sounds like a pretty sweet ride.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts