Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it's been over a year since I first put my deposit down on a Saturn Sky, and today I finally was able to officially order my Sky. I now get to join the rest of those with orders and watch the production status everyday.

I have ordered a Silver Pearl, black interior with black top, 5 speed, premium trim, upgraded stereo, and limited slip differential. If production goes smoothly, the car should hit the dealership in May.

Spoke with Chuck Mallett today about his conversion process, and he said a new building has been dedicated just to building the Solstice and Sky conversions. What this means is more cars can be converted in a calendar year; he is on the hook to build 100 Solstice and 100 Sky cars in 2006 (a car every other day). Chuck was really excited about having a facility just for one conversion type of car and has committed a large some of money for the process. He is going one step further than any other builder by seeking CARB certification for these conversions. This means that this converted car can be bought and sold in all states!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats! I can't wait to see a Sky with the beast under the hood!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Delnari said:
put my deposit down on a Saturn Sky, and today I finally was able to officially order my Sky.
How are you able to track the progress of your build? Are you calling your dealer every day or do you have a web site to go to?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
rick112 said:
How are you able to track the progress of your build? Are you calling your dealer every day or do you have a web site to go to?
I track mine every week, or daily by going to the GM, or calling him. He can go into the system and pull up my Order ID and it tells the status, if it changes he prints it out for me. Or I get a copy of his weekly report, it is listed on it to.:cool:
ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
295 Posts
rick112 said:
I had to make room on my desk for Delnari's coffee cup. Does that answer your question? LOL

Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saturn Sales said:
I had to make room on my desk for Delnari's coffee cup. Does that answer your question? LOL

Cheers,
Jill
Tell the truth, I just drop by for the free popcorn! Yum!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Saturn Sales said:

Cheers,
Jill
I'm a little slow today I had to read that a couple of times.:lol: Are you working with him?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts