Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry. It's been 10 days since I uploaded a gallery pic.
Now when I return I'm not seeing where I can add more pics except in the comments.
What am I missing?
Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
The Opel had the combination reverse/rear fog light as part of the car. Wasn't offered on the Sky, nor the factory wiring to support it. There is also a second fog light button on the knee kick panel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
But this is not an OEM Opel, that is why I wonder did Emmett wire the red light between the exhausts as a brake light of a fog light ?

I can imagine wiring it as a fog light might have legal issues because people think it is a brake light, and a non-working brake light could cause a lot of legal confusion in case of a colission.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Looks like an Opel...has the tail lights, the fog light, the lack of square bump under the opel logo.
It's totally up to the owner where you wire it. can be a 4th brake light or connected to the fog lights, or a total stand along light on a different switch.

·
Premium Member
5,188 Posts
I use mine as a fog light, and it is actually wired to the front lights. I could not find the wiring or the BCM port to wire it from the second button. So a long wire runs to the rear to operate it. I have the Norm's light bar so have plenty of stop light action in the back. They are quite bright for sure. I seldom use the fog lights on the car, but if I have a tail gater I turn it on for sure.

I am looking replacing the rear facia and going with Norm's center exhaust one. I have thought about it a lot, but still keep holding on the to fog light. Would do the Solo center exhaust

·
Premium Member
5,188 Posts
You used to be able to buy the Opel GT rear loom for the car, but I could not locate the wire from the switch to the BCM.

I sold an Opel GT fog light about 6 months ago. They are getting expensive. I think I sold mine for 70 bucks, have been told they are going for over 200.00 now if you can find one.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But this is not an OEM Opel, that is why I wonder did Emmett wire the red light between the exhausts as a brake light of a fog light ?
I don't know if it's brake or fog. I purchased an Opel wireharness. And when I click the key FOB both the red and white lights come on. And when I put the car in reverse the white light comes on. Is there a switch for the rear fogs? Or the same fog switch as for the front?

·
Premium Member
5,188 Posts
You can wire it into the brakes, you can put it on an individual switch to control the red/fog light, or you can connect it to the front fog lights. I could not find a way to make the rear fog light switch work, I have it lit on the dash, but could not find the harness to the BCM.

You're not done with the conversion Emmett, still need the front lower dash part it sounds like. There are two fog light switches for the GT. If you don't have the switch and the wiring from the dash the light will not work, I don't think. You might try turning on the front fog lights and see if the rear one comes on. But highly doubtful.

And I don't think you have the GT smoker's package. As I understand it, all GT's came with it. That one is tough to get

Now to be as near as possible to a GT, we both have to remove the auto transmission and put in a gawd awful stick. I have all the stuff to do it, but would never even consider it. I have a Redline with a stick, and have driven it less than 500 miles in 5 years. Hate the darned thing in our traffic. Fun in the mountains though.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Original question has not been addressed.

Sorry. It's been 10 days since I uploaded a gallery pic.
Now when I return I'm not seeing where I can add more pics except in the comments.
What am I missing?
Also, editing old posts was routine for the past 15 years but now not allowed?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts