Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wento to my local muffler shop and they were able to add a magnaflow muffler ad keep the stock tip. It came out great, I will be upgrading to dual as soon as the redline comes out. It sounds teriffic, nice and deep, almost like a porsche.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
ruledawg hi did you get the the muffler # for the magnaflow that he instaled i called magnaflow today and they said that they havent made any for the sky yet it will be out in about three weeks please let me know

skypyro

·
Registered
255 Posts
ruledawg said:
I wento to my local muffler shop and they were able to add a magnaflow muffler ad keep the stock tip. It came out great, I will be upgrading to dual as soon as the redline comes out. It sounds teriffic, nice and deep, almost like a porsche.
I would also like to know the muffler P/n.

Larry

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Looks like lots of kinks in that pipe on the left... I'm sure it sounds deep, but I'd be concerned about a restricted flow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ruledawg went to my local dealer this morn and getting a magnaflow with same tip will post muffler # when i get it back for people who wish to doit them self but it was only 200.00 better that 650.00 plus instal for cat back

skypyro

·
Registered
322 Posts
"ruledawg" How does this sound? Also what is the part number for the Magnaflow? Thanks:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Stock Location????

In the pictures at the top of this thread an accurate depiction of how the stock muffler is mounted from th factory? Or is it tucked up out of the way behind the rear valance? Does someone have pics?

Thanks

p.s. the magnaflow sounds great on the sky

·
Registered
144 Posts
can that same muffler be converted to dual exhuast? does it have the extra exit capped off on it for future use?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Magnaflow 14267

Yep that's the the one. I ordered one online along with two double tips. I also purchased the Tri-Y with the 590 core converter from Clear Image. Can't wait to get the boat back home in Oct and cut out the left side of the valance and hook it all up. The CAI was installed by the dealer before I left for New England so this should be a nice setup:thumbs:

·
Registered
18,107 Posts
just ordered the magnaflow muffler #14267. This is the same muffler for the camero/firebird with 2 outlets....but I am having problems finding the correct exhaust tips, the dual tip for each side...anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
877 Posts
just ordered the magnaflow muffler #14267. This is the same muffler for the camero/firebird with 2 outlets....but I am having problems finding the correct exhaust tips, the dual tip for each side...anyone have suggestions?
I was looking at #35168 magnaflow tip $90 each

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thats the ticket..... Great Info, thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts