Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting the spoiler I ordered today for My Sky, I was wondering has anyone installed one yet? if so do you need two people to do it?

I ordered the silver, since they did not have a Midnight blue yet, and i will install it as is, if i do not like it that way I will have it painted...

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I should be getting the spoiler I ordered today for My Sky, I was wondering has anyone installed one yet? if so do you need two people to do it?

I ordered the silver, since they did not have a Midnight blue yet, and i will install it as is, if i do not like it that way I will have it painted...
It should be fine installed by only one person. The spoiler box should come with a "template" that you "tape" to the trunk lid and that way you know where to drill your holes... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

Haven't thought about mixing the colors. It will match the silver around the windshield. The contrast against the blue should make it stand out. Get us some photos when you get it installed.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
:agree:
I to would like to see what it looks like, I have been arguing in my head if I should get the spoiler, I never considered getting a alternate color. :thumbs:

Maybe one of the good photoshop people could give us a sneak peek at what a midnight blue redline with black top and spoiler would look like.:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
6,472 Posts
Are you guys adding spoilers to fix a handling problem you have found ? or is it more of an appearance accessory ? I haven't really been looking for the handling limits, yet, but I have been exploring more as I start feeling what the car can do, and if there is something scary out there, I'd like to know what it is, and where I can expect to find it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
there is athread over on the solstice forum somewhere with a quote from a gm engineer, I don't know which thread or the exact quote but can paraphrase "the spoiler adds a very small improvement to the handling and gas milage" I can't imagine it adds alot or they would have made sure all the reviewers got them to try and increase the skidpad numbers:)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Are you guys adding spoilers to fix a handling problem you have found ? or is it more of an appearance accessory ? I haven't really been looking for the handling limits, yet, but I have been exploring more as I start feeling what the car can do, and if there is something scary out there, I'd like to know what it is, and where I can expect to find it. Thanks.
No handling problems, Just for appearance.... :thumbs:Well I scared myself going 50 through a 15mph turn....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate fed-ex

Fed-Ex is the pits, if UPS says something will be delivered on a certain day it is, Fed-Ex means It may be there by then or may not.....Fed-Ex when it absolutly positively has to get there someday... Maybe...
It has already taked 3 days to go from Decatur Ga to Knoxville Tennessee...there is no excuse.:nono:

·
Registered
82 Posts
fed ex express is a guarenteed delivery or it's free your spoiler was probably shipped fed ex ground alot cheaper service no guarentee.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fed ex express is a guarenteed delivery or it's free your spoiler was probably shipped fed ex ground alot cheaper service no guarentee.
what kind of ground shipment, walking????
if UPS ground can do it then Fex Ex ground.should be able to...
UPS always seems to meet their initial deliver by date, fed ex has already changed theirs twice...

·
Registered
238 Posts
It should be fine installed by only one person. The spoiler box should come with a "template" that you "tape" to the trunk lid and that way you know where to drill your holes... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
I believe there are 4 holes and 4 slots.-have fun making the slots

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I believe there are 4 holes and 4 slots.-have fun making the slots
there are 6 holes, no slots, they line up with the 3 plugs under each side of the rear corners of the decklid. all instructions, template and mounting hardware comes with the spoiler... not hard at all to install i did it in about an hour... Myself i like it this way, some others probably won't but that is what makes us all different.. :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,472 Posts
Nice installation. I'm still wavering on getting one. I kinda like the clean lines, but it is a nice accent. Decisions, decisions.

Nice flame stripe, too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had not previously considered having the spoiler as an additional accent. It looks really nice. I wouldn't get a matching spoiler if I had your car.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Tim the spoiler looks good with the pin stripe accents. It brings it all together. Bev dun taught ya rite...Skip..:cheers:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Impressive...I had my doubts, but seeing it, it looks good.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Tim the spoiler looks good with the pin stripe accents. It brings it all together. Bev dun taught ya rite...Skip..:cheers:
I screwed up on the stripes, did ya notice that the ones on the back are backwards.......LOL they are opposite direction of the ones where they meet the right side... :banghead: so i took them off untill i can do it right

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
The spoiler looks great! I wouldn't have thought to mix the colors, but on a dark car, the silver really ties it together.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts