Saturn Sky Forum banner

Adding Factory Spoiler

10K views 59 replies 29 participants last post by  GMguy74 
#1 ·
I should be getting the spoiler I ordered today for My Sky, I was wondering has anyone installed one yet? if so do you need two people to do it?

I ordered the silver, since they did not have a Midnight blue yet, and i will install it as is, if i do not like it that way I will have it painted...

#2 ·
It should be fine installed by only one person. The spoiler box should come with a "template" that you "tape" to the trunk lid and that way you know where to drill your holes... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

#3 ·
Haven't thought about mixing the colors. It will match the silver around the windshield. The contrast against the blue should make it stand out. Get us some photos when you get it installed.

#4 ·
:agree:
I to would like to see what it looks like, I have been arguing in my head if I should get the spoiler, I never considered getting a alternate color. :thumbs:

Maybe one of the good photoshop people could give us a sneak peek at what a midnight blue redline with black top and spoiler would look like.:cheers:

#5 ·
Are you guys adding spoilers to fix a handling problem you have found ? or is it more of an appearance accessory ? I haven't really been looking for the handling limits, yet, but I have been exploring more as I start feeling what the car can do, and if there is something scary out there, I'd like to know what it is, and where I can expect to find it. Thanks.

#6 ·
there is athread over on the solstice forum somewhere with a quote from a gm engineer, I don't know which thread or the exact quote but can paraphrase "the spoiler adds a very small improvement to the handling and gas milage" I can't imagine it adds alot or they would have made sure all the reviewers got them to try and increase the skidpad numbers:)

#8 ·
I hate fed-ex

Fed-Ex is the pits, if UPS says something will be delivered on a certain day it is, Fed-Ex means It may be there by then or may not.....Fed-Ex when it absolutly positively has to get there someday... Maybe...
It has already taked 3 days to go from Decatur Ga to Knoxville Tennessee...there is no excuse.:nono:

#10 ·
what kind of ground shipment, walking????
if UPS ground can do it then Fex Ex ground.should be able to...
UPS always seems to meet their initial deliver by date, fed ex has already changed theirs twice...

#15 ·
I had not previously considered having the spoiler as an additional accent. It looks really nice. I wouldn't get a matching spoiler if I had your car.

#19 · (Edited)
I screwed up on the stripes, did ya notice that the ones on the back are backwards.......LOL they are opposite direction of the ones where they meet the right side... :banghead: so i took them off untill i can do it right

Attachments

#23 ·
Great look. It ties in with the windshield and the trim behind the seats. You did good, real good.

#24 ·
You Sir may have just started the latest trend in Sky-dom. The silver looks fabulous:cool: . It really does. The contrast with the trim in silver on the rest of the car benifits from the additional color. Hummm, you've got me thinking:D

#25 ·
Tim, that looks very cool. When you first mentioned what you were gonna do I was a bit skeptical but the pictures have proved your good taste. Has me thinking of maybe doing the same thing on my silver graphite by adding a silver spoiler.

Good looking set of transportation you have there!

:D

#26 ·
The color mix is great - the silver tie in is perfect. I still don't like the spoiler though -- but you do and that is :cool:

#27 ·
Hey Skyman, That looks good, I like it.:cheers: :cheers: Hopefully I meet you and your baby at the Nationals in late June of 07. We could have a couple of beers and put some stripes on my baby Bianca. Reverse that, stripes first then beers, I've seen your work:lol: Keep the MODS coming!

#30 ·
Well how about Diet Mountian Dew, I don;t drink Beer... Never have....
since i tool the flame stripes off I am not sure what i will do , I do know i want to so something though... the flams stripes are what I had left over from doing that to our Vue... It would sort of match like that though.....

#28 ·
:cheers: Looks great SKYMAN 07! Good idea going with the silver it kind of gives you that layered look of silver from windshield to behind the seats and ending in back on the spoiler. :cool: Way to start the next generation of MODind. We will be ordering parts in various colors now for our SKYs as we need them. :thumbs:

#31 ·
ok i finished my mod

Ok i have finished , This is my final rendition, the double pin stripes seem to look better to me on this car than the Flames did
thanks for all the great comments, and if i gave you some ideas, so much the better....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.