Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... i have to leave to go to iowa in about an hour.. but i wanted to let some of you know that the adhesive used to tack the convertible cloth under the front (promise, pics when i get back tomorrow) is bleeding through the top and emerging. I first thought it was the window seal melting onto the top .... but, i went in today and they said it is the goopy (very technical term) coming through because they used too much and it is HOTTT...... they used adhesive remover and it seemed to come out, BUT.... as the excess adhesive gets pulled out i need to go back and have them redo it maybe one more time. Thanks....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
388 Posts
Is the goopy thing like black tar? I had the same problem around the door seals on my 1997 SC 1. When it got hot (often in So. Cal) it would run and I would get black goopy stuff all over my hands when I would close the door sometimes. I wonder if it is the same stuff? Sorry to hear about the mess. Don't get it on your cute clothes-it's hard to get off.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wow, that scares me expecially with our 106+ temp we have had here. Keep us posted of the outcome. Have a safe trip dear.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Thanks for the heads up SKYBABY. As it is quite hot here in Texas if I ever decide to put the top up I will be sure and look out for it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
moni6 said:
Is the goopy thing like black tar? I had the same problem around the door seals on my 1997 SC 1. When it got hot (often in So. Cal) it would run and I would get black goopy stuff all over my hands when I would close the door sometimes. I wonder if it is the same stuff? Sorry to hear about the mess. Don't get it on your cute clothes-it's hard to get off.
What is hard to get off the clothes or the goppy stuff? Just teasing ...Skip...get back in your cage Skip.....:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Skip said:
What is hard to get off the clothes or the goppy stuff? Just teasing ...Skip...get back in your cage Skip.....:lol: :lol:
I was waiting for someone to mention that! I knew it sounded funny. You men and your dirty little minds :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
moni6 said:
I was waiting for someone to mention that! I knew it sounded funny. You men and your dirty little minds :lol:
Hey I guess I am exceptional... Skip...just a man in Sky clothes.....:lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Moni.... yep..... that is our SKIPPY... hehehe... anyway.. yes, like tar.. really sucks..... SkyBaby-07

1 - 8 of 8 Posts