Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I emailed Saturn to see when production would start on vehicles with the adjustable height seat, and the following was the response back from the customer service agent.

Crap! :banghead: As a 5'4" girl I am really concerned about seeing out the back of the car without that feature. Maybe I don't want to place my deposit yet after all.

Anyone short like me out there who can reassure me that seat height is not an issue?

Or better still, anyone with a Saturn contact (one of you salespeople) who can tell me she is wrong, and give a 2007 vehicle production date?

Sigh...:confused:
----------------------------------------
Hello Staci,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to Saturn.

Thank you for your interest in the new Saturn Sky.

The adjustable seat will be installed in the 2008 Sky. I apologize as
we do
not currently have the beginning production date for that vehicle.

We will be pleased to welcome you, in the near future, as a new Saturn
owner.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to
us again or call us at 1-800-553-6000, prompt 3.

Sincerely,

Marjie S.
Saturn Customer Assistance Center

SR: 1-20938867
SIV-21-CGSJA

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I do not think that is accurate. Everything that I have heard is that power Seat Adjustment will start being put in cars in the next couple of weeks.

My experience is that as helpful as Saturn Customer Service tries to be, they do not always have accurate information.

Here is the order book for the Sky. It states that it is available in interim 2007.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...hicleID=4174&section=modelhome&page=&butID=1#

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wow, I guess the real answer will be when they start arriving...:D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yeah...that doesn't seem to make any sense..... :confused:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm 5'7" and can see well using the mirrors. I have to stretch to look when making lane change to the right. I do sit very reclined so if you were sitting straight up it shouldn't be much of an issue.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
My wife is 4'11" and does ok in the Sky. She pulls the seat all the way foward.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm just under 5-6 and I can see out fine. I need to pull the seat forward a bit, which makes getting to the seatbelt and windows controls a pain. But I have no problem with visibility.

Maybe you could get some aftermarket seats. Get better seats and shed some weight at the same time.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Don't listen to Saturn Customer Service girl! From experience I can say they don't konw anything when it comes to the Sky. From what we are being told they should have started building them with the new power seat as of today. Perhaps even as early as June 26th.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I picked up my sky on Saturday....I was told the same thing by my salesman...he said the seat height adjuster was only coming with the 2008 model...so who knows...

·
Registered
421 Posts
JerseyCitySky said:
I picked up my sky on Saturday....I was told the same thing by my salesman...he said the seat height adjuster was only coming with the 2008 model...so who knows...
Seems pretty clear the adjuster is now part of the current build...
Week of 6/12/2006

Effective 6/12/2006, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Interior section-(AF2) Seat adjuster, driver 2-way power height, changed footnote 1 to read "(AF2) Driver 2-way power seat height adjuster will be added interim 2007 Model Year."

·
Registered
692 Posts
option number two is eat an extra donut each morning and not jog until the adjustments correct:jester:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Chicago Skyline said:
Week of 6/12/2006

Effective 6/12/2006, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Interior section-(AF2) Seat adjuster, driver 2-way power height, changed footnote 1 to read "(AF2) Driver 2-way power seat height adjuster will be added interim 2007 Model Year."
"Added interim 2007 Model Year" is a nice way of saying not at the start of production. It also means they aren't committing to a specific timeframe when the power seats will actually hit production. If it was a short period of unavailibility, it would have been constrained, not modified in the vehicle ordering guide.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am 5 4 and had no problem driving the Sky when I test drove it did so with top up and top down. I have used a pillow when driving a big truck

·
Registered
19 Posts
BarryH said:
"Added interim 2007 Model Year" is a nice way of saying not at the start of production. It also means they aren't committing to a specific timeframe when the power seats will actually hit production. If it was a short period of unavailibility, it would have been constrained, not modified in the vehicle ordering guide.
:agree:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am 6'0 so not too much of an issue... but it would be nice for passengers (or if someone could convince me to actually try to drive my sky ... not likely)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Chicago Skyline said:
Week of 6/12/2006

Of course, that was changed from this one added 5/22:
Interior section-Added (AF2) Seat adjuster, driver 2-way power height as Ref. Only and "S" to ZMB67 with footnote 1 reading "Starting with production beginning June 26, 2006."

In other words, they wanted to start building them in after 6/26 but something has come up and they can't hit that target date.
Notice that is also coincidentally the day the new price sheets came out- about $500 more at MSRP...

·
Registered
540 Posts
So do any insider types have a ballpark idea of when the seat height adjusters will be in the cars ?????

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
GMinTheDriveway said:
Of course, that was changed from this one added 5/22:
Interior section-Added (AF2) Seat adjuster, driver 2-way power height as Ref. Only and "S" to ZMB67 with footnote 1 reading "Starting with production beginning June 26, 2006."

In other words, they wanted to start building them in after 6/26 but something has come up and they can't hit that target date.
Notice that is also coincidentally the day the new price sheets came out- about $500 more at MSRP...
We are currently in the 2007 model year. So it could still happen soon.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
My W is 5' even and has no problem driving my Solstice. So at 5'4" you should be good as well. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts