Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In News post...
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6447
It discusses GM promoting aftermarket addons for sky, and teaming up to make an official 300hp show car.

So... if they are promoting modifications to the engine, if i start adding performance parts to my sky and boost up HP will my warranty still be intact? I have a friend who had a WRX, and when he had to take it back to dealer for service he would put the original parts back on so they wouldnt void warranty!

also... I had an earlier post about the look of RL not being enough. Everyone replied there would be aftermarket pieces... but I was expecting something from the factory for RL that looked like the car pictured in the article! Thats exactly what I was talking about!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I plan to mod mine & my bottom line goal is 300 WHP on the stock turbo... although with a upgraded turbo.. depending on the bottom end (I havent dont my research on the Ecotec engine, im a big Honda guy lol) 400WHP on stock bottom end.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You still face the same warranty issues with these parts as with any other after market parts. Unless they're made by GM directly and GM says you keep the warranty intact with the item you're at risk. You don't loose your warranty but if the item causes damage to the car then the items damage can have warranty work rejected.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ya know "brentil" ?.....that makes sense. :confused: Thinking about the issues that some vehicles have run in to in this first model year, and have required various trips to Service...... it might well make sense to me to add the SKY CAI and the CAT-Back (available later) from my dealer.....something to think about:rolleyes: . Hell the GM Performance parts can't be all that bad....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts