Saturn Sky Forum banner

Aftermarket Front Fender Liners for Redline

7K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  SaturnSkyRedline2015 
#1 ·
I'm looking to buy a pair of replacement fender liners, and noticing a lot of what's available does not show the 3"-ish diameter hole for the brake cooling air pipe. Can anyone suggest a verified aftermarket source that has the proper hole, or is it typical with the aftermarket parts to cut the hole yourself?
Thanks!

#2 ·
You might want to do some searches here and on the Solstice forum. Most of the reviews I have seen for the available aftermarket fender liners have indicated flimsy construction and poor surface finish.

#3 ·
I did do some searching, and it seemed like a lot of folks were saying OEM looked better, but is prone to cracking. The OEM prices that I've seen are in the $300+ range, so if a decent after market pair could be located for less, I am certainly open to it.

#4 ·
Yes the aftermarket ones are shiny and look chintzy'er, BUT they do seem to be made from a more flexible plastic.

In response to your original question, there are definitely 'correct' (specific) aftermarket ones for the Solstice GXP with the cooling pipe holes pre-molded. Not sure about the Sky, or if the Sky and Sol ones are interchangable - though I highly doubt they are.

#5 ·
I don't think they inter change. OEM one's were available as little as 6 months ago. The problem with them, is they normally arrive all scratched up. The cheap aftermarket ones seem to fair better in transport.

Cutting the hole is quite simple if you have the original or that part of it. I need to start looking for some replacements too. Just realized I have a huge double crack. Fender is destroyed. Had never notice before, so don't know when it happened.

#14 ·
Can't believe I'm in this place, maybe bored from having to stay at home....
Anyway, if anyone remembers where I use to live (Palm Coast), you can ask the new owners if they can let you go up into their attic. Way back inside, You'll fine around 4 sets of original front L&R wheel well liners, 5 sets of aftermarket wheel well liners and 2 set L&R rear wheel well liners... Happy Hunting!
Do NOT ask me for the address, I am old and can't remember... Wink!
BTW, hate this new forum format........

#17 ·
Yes I did WIll, I also left in the trash the day I left - Black Door Panels, Black and Gray Seat covers, 2 spoilers, about 3 sets of rugs, Monsoon rear speaker just to name a few things.,
I kept at my brothers the L&R side windows and a front Opel windshield someone here wanted but he BS me and never came to pick it up, he still has them....
Still have the L&R A pillars that hold 2 meters each, looking to sell them with 4 Aerospace gauges and wiring harness, if anyone is interested just drop me a line here....
BTW, I notice the guys are bitching about the format of this website, if you look back on this tread I mention that then, you guys are way behind,.... :)

#16 ·
Believe it or not if you have your bumper off, there is only one place you can put that hole and have it clear all the framework up front.

When I made the front vents on my 2.4 functional...and I use the term loosely...I didn't have fender liners with the holes in them but once I looked with the bumper off...it was very clear on where they had to go.

Now considering you probably wont take the bumper off to replace one, using the original as a template works. I believe it is a 3" hole saw I used and it was the exact right size. I'd verify with your old liner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.