Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reurned from a locale aftermarket wheel store and was told they can get just about any wheel for the Sky. They showed me dozen's:thumbs: of wheels,chrome,painted and polished ranging in price from $600 to $1200. Most chrome wheels were apx. $1000 mounted and balanced. I saw several "Konig brand" wheels that looked super! Most of the wheels in this price range are cast and not forged which if I understood correctly are better wheels (the forged one's). The forge are for extrem duty you might say.The standard chrome wheel from Saturn is nice but there are so many aftermarket choices.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, forged are better, and the best, like Fikse, are forged billet and then machined. These tend to be strong and lightweight and you really need them only for extreme duty. Good cast ones are fine for street use, but you are spending mainly for appearance -- some can be noticeably heavier than the stock wheels.

Be sure to check out TireRack.com - they sell aftermarket wheels at good prices, too.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Tirerack.com does not have any wheels listed for the Solstice or Sky yet.

WGH, did you tell them what the wheel specs were? Because there are very few wheels in existance that meet the exact requirments to fit properly on the Kappa twins. The Cobalt SS uses the same bolt size but they're +40mm and not the same +55mm that the Kappas have and most of them are 7.5" instead of 8" too. You can get wheels that aren't the same spec, just be careful fitting them to ensure they don't hit components underneath that the stock wheels clear.

Here's a good article on offset.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

1 - 3 of 3 Posts