Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sky (and solstice) are listed as a factory 55 offset. This is pretty rare and I am having a hard time finding wheels that match that. Is it not true however that if you are going to use wider tires (say 265 instead of 245) that you would need a smaller offset to keep the same ratio? So maybe a 45 offset wheel would be ok with 265's? Not sure if this is correct, but was hoping to improve my selection since I was going with 19" rims and 265 performance tires anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Most of the after market rims for the Sol/Sky are 45mm.

·
Registered
112 Posts
CyaL8r said:
The sky (and solstice) are listed as a factory 55 offset. This is pretty rare and I am having a hard time finding wheels that match that. Is it not true however that if you are going to use wider tires (say 265 instead of 245) that you would need a smaller offset to keep the same ratio? So maybe a 45 offset wheel would be ok with 265's? Not sure if this is correct, but was hoping to improve my selection since I was going with 19" rims and 265 performance tires anyway.
Hey there
We carry 2 different wheels specifically built for the Sky/Solstice. Right now we are selling a direct replacement for the 18" wheel. And we will be selling a 19" solution as shown below. The 19" solution will allow you to go to a wider tire. See photo of our Solstice below.

Here is the 18" solution:
http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20106&prod_id=1141&function=product

Our 19" M1 wheel:

We are also working on some other chrome wheels.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Neil

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
I like it

The Stig said:
Hey there
We carry 2 different wheels specifically built for the Sky/Solstice. Right now we are selling a direct replacement for the 18" wheel. And we will be selling a 19" solution as shown below. The 19" solution will allow you to go to a wider tire. See photo of our Solstice below.

Here is the 18" solution:
http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20106&prod_id=1141&function=product

Our 19" M1 wheel:

We are also working on some other chrome wheels.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Neil
I kinda like that black painted look - but on your website I do not see that option. Any chance you can at least mock up how that looks on the Sky? (hope to order a Sky when the RedLine comes out). Or have you considered doign something like putting a GXP or RedLine logo type thing into the center of the wheel?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lil GTO said:
I kinda like that black painted look - but on your website I do not see that option. Any chance you can at least mock up how that looks on the Sky? (hope to order a Sky when the RedLine comes out). Or have you considered doign something like putting a GXP or RedLine logo type thing into the center of the wheel?
We are still waiting on our car, but here is a photoshopped image of how they are going to look, when we get our car. These wheels and lowering springs are the first things that are going to go on our car :)

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Will you guys offer Gunmetal Gray? I am looking for that color with my Silver Graphite car...

·
Registered
112 Posts
tiger20005 said:
Will you guys offer Gunmetal Gray? I am looking for that color with my Silver Graphite car...
Tiger
Not on this wheel. But you can get them powder coated, I know a few of our client who have done this. I will be putting up a survey shortly to find out what kind of wheels you guys are looking for whether it be chrome, gun metal, black or just silver. We are planing on offering many different styles but we need to get a better idea on what the majority you guys like. :)

Neil

·
Registered
380 Posts
Will 19" wheels rub inner fender?

If some folks are having a clearance and rubbing problem with 18" wheels how do you propose to install 19"?

·
Registered
112 Posts
skyfan said:
If some folks are having a clearance and rubbing problem with 18" wheels how do you propose to install 19"?
You will not rub on the 19" as long as you keep the same overall diameter. If you go with a 19" wheel you have to go with a lower profile tire. We have no rubbing what so ever. for those who are rubbing with the stock wheels, I would suggest a visit to your dealership.

Neil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts