Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone selling aftermarket wheels for the Sky? I am trying to decide if I should change my order to dump the extra cost chrome plated wheels and find some aftermarket ones I like better.

·
Registered
255 Posts
jarcher said:
Is anyone selling aftermarket wheels for the Sky? I am trying to decide if I should change my order to dump the extra cost chrome plated wheels and find some aftermarket ones I like better.
KappaSphere has some nice looking after market wheels. They are a Supporting Vendor and have excellent customer service. Give them a look, the wheel size for the Sky is very much different from normal so be careful ordering just 18" wheels.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
jarcher said:
Tire Rack is a supporting vendor over on the Solstice forum, but not here!! But, you should take a look there. If want lighter than stock T.R. has the SSRs at 18.5 pounds. Otherwise, they list quite a few good looking wheels for decent prices. Based on how fast RL's are NOT being scheduled to be built, you have PLENTY of time to see what pops on the market for the Kappas. If my Redline shows up ANYTIME this year I will be surprised.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am planning on putting some aftermarket wheels on my Sky, but probably not for a year or so. It will be a nice modification to do after I've had the car for a little while to give it a new look. The reason I opted to just go with the stock wheels on the Sky and look for aftermarkets later is because the aftermarkets I choose will be much more unique (not that I'm going to pick strange looking ones, just that other Skys won't have them) than the upgraded wheels available for sale from Saturn. So, it depends on how much things like that matter to you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The cast chrome upgrade wheels that are an option from Saturn really look sharp. Check photo in the latest Saturn.com Sky accessories area.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sparkle4596 said:
The reason I opted to just go with the stock wheels on the Sky and look for aftermarkets later is because the aftermarkets I choose will be much more unique (not that I'm going to pick strange looking ones, just that other Skys won't have them) than the upgraded wheels available for sale from Saturn. So, it depends on how much things like that matter to you.
:agree:

This is exactly my thinking. I ordered my RI with the chrome wheels, but based upon the fact that there is so much to choose from on aftermarket, I am going to change the order to delete the chrome wheels and instead take the stock alloy ones. They will look fine until I find some others that I like.

The RL will come in bluestone with a tan top. I saw a nice set of wheels in gunmetal that might look pretty cool! But I'm going to take some time and look around. I just wanted to make sure that there is a good selection, and there is even now. In a year there should be a sea to choose from!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
11 Posts
redbones

jarcher said:
Check your Saturn dealer it might void putting aftermarket wheels on the car.
ED

·
Registered
11 Posts
redbones

jarcher said:
Check your Saturn dealer it might void warrenty putting aftermarket wheels on the car.
ED

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
redbones said:
Check your Saturn dealer it might void warrenty putting aftermarket wheels on the car.
ED
It can not void the warranty.

Even putting on an aftermarket exhaust, changing the suspension or adding an intake will not void it.

It will void the warranty on the item it replaces and if warranty work is requested and the part is found to have been part of the issue, then again, that part of it is voided. Putting on aftermarket rims will not affect the warranty on if your engine blows, your top gets stuck or your electrical system fries.

·
Registered
62 Posts
warranty

Exactly!

In essence, the dealer has to prove that any mod actually caused a failure.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act in a nutshell is the federal law that governs and monitors consumer product warranties. It was passed by Congress in 1975, and sets forth requirements and guidelines for manufacturers and sellers of consumer products to provide their customers with detailed information about their warranty coverage.

It's also worth mentioning that this Act is designed to effect both the rights of consumers and the obligations of warrantors that are offering written warranties.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm taking the expensive route, custom i forged wheels!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts