Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer just sent me an email... GM picked up my order. I don't have details of when prod is, but based on last weeks Constraint report i am guessing End of October production? add a few weeks for shipping, and delivery before thanksgiving??

Funny thing is, I dont know what color it is!!!
I had ordered green, then switched to yellow just last week. My dealer wasnt sure if the color switch would affect my pricing protection... So a few days of phone tag with salesperson and i never did find out if they color was switched to yellow?

Regarding shipping... I know the first RLs were held up for weeks at the factory, but I'm making a big assumption that 3-4 weeks in the wilmington lot is not normal, and was just for initial testing purposes.

·
Registered
607 Posts
My dealer told me that after order got picked up, he has three days to make changes & it wouldn't delay anything.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dealer just sent me an email... GM picked up my order. I don't have details of when prod is, but based on last weeks Constraint report i am guessing End of October production? add a few weeks for shipping, and delivery before thanksgiving??

Funny thing is, I dont know what color it is!!!
I had ordered green, then switched to yellow just last week. My dealer wasnt sure if the color switch would affect my pricing protection... So a few days of phone tag with salesperson and i never did find out if they color was switched to yellow?

Regarding shipping... I know the first RLs were held up for weeks at the factory, but I'm making a big assumption that 3-4 weeks in the wilmington lot is not normal, and was just for initial testing purposes.
Only 195.00 extra for the color yellow

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just received fax copy of info, and they captured my order as Yellow, at the protected price of course. Order was actually picked up on Thursday 9/7.

I know there is still a ways to go and there are no delivery timeframe guarantees, but it feels good knowing GM has picked up my order!!!

and SPAG... we got picked up the same day. The race is on! :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clarification...

My order was "Accepted by GM" 2000.

I saw a post elsewhere that 'Picked Up' referred to when GM was ready to build... 2500, 3000?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Clarification...

My order was "Accepted by GM" 2000.

I saw a post elsewhere that 'Picked Up' referred to when GM was ready to build... 2500, 3000?
When a target production week is set, Then you will see you 3000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts