Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the vent blower stopped working a few days ago in my 07 Sky. I thought I smelt a burning/melting smell one day in the car(when i had the heater full blast)coming from the floor and later that day the fan blower just stopped working. Basically the AC compressor and all still works, I can still close the vents via activating the interior car air circulation mode on the climate control knobs and I can even change the vent positions to direct air to the main vents, floor vents or defrost vents. But the 1,2,3,4 blower speed controls do not respond anymore. The only way air comes through the vents now is when I am driving at speed and air is forced into the cabin from the outside. I have researched the forums and seems this is a common problem but with different culprits. My first thought is to check the vent blower fuse box which I am told is under the passenger side behind the glove box. Would you be able to give me more an indicator where the fuse is and what I should look for? Any other advice is highly welcomed!

·
Super Moderator
11,084 Posts
So the vent blower stopped working a few days ago in my 07 Sky. I thought I smelt a burning/melting smell one day in the car(when i had the heater full blast)coming from the floor and later that day the fan blower just stopped working. Basically the AC compressor and all still works, I can still close the vents via activating the interior car air circulation mode on the climate control knobs and I can even change the vent positions to direct air to the main vents, floor vents or defrost vents. But the 1,2,3,4 blower speed controls do not respond anymore. The only way air comes through the vents now is when I am driving at speed and air is forced into the cabin from the outside. I have researched the forums and seems this is a common problem but with different culprits. My first thought is to check the vent blower fuse box which I am told is under the passenger side behind the glove box. Would you be able to give me more an indicator where the fuse is and what I should look for? Any other advice is highly welcomed!

As TS mentioned, this is a common problem. IIRC Our cars share this component with the Hummer H3. The H3 had this part recalled and a lot of facts on how to fix the problem can be found through cross-referencing that platform as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Would you be able to help me locate where the resistor and harness is in the car so I can pull it apart?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for all the replies. So i read through that link, there's some great info in there. This is really sad that this is such a common issue that seems to happen over and over again even if you replace the parts. I just took the resistor and harness out, it really isnt too hard to get to if you remove the entire glove box. Looks like both are very clearly burnt and even fused together. I'll be buying the replacement parts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so im looking up the part number that i read off the part itself and am finding a few different options for the resistor, does it matter which resistor i get? as long as it goes for the hummer h3 then its fine right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts