Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
The answers to your questions:
1.- There is no padlock symbol appearing when I am the alarm o lock the doors with the FOB.
2.- The map lights turn on when I open the door. And yes.... If the key is in the ignition and I open the door I get a chime.
3.- The trunk release button in the glove box doesn't work. 馃槙

Thank you for your help.
Ricardo
In #2 you state the key is in the ignition. This is the "master" alarm cancel condition. You can't enable the alarm with the key in the ignition. To enable the alarm you must remove the key, then press the lock button on the fob (and possibly close the door -- not sure on that one).

Also, in one of your previous replies, you mentioned unlocking through the open window, but that isn't really specific enough for debugging. Did you lift the lock knob, or press the driver side unlock switch, or just open the inside door handle? The debug logic might differ between those 3 options, and for those trying to duplicate your problem on their cars, might be relevant.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
In #2 you state the key is in the ignition. This is the "master" alarm cancel condition. You can't enable the alarm with the key in the ignition. To enable the alarm you must remove the key, then press the lock button on the fob (and possibly close the door -- not sure on that one).

Also, in one of your previous replies, you mentioned unlocking through the open window, but that isn't really specific enough for debugging. Did you lift the lock knob, or press the driver side unlock switch, or just open the inside door handle? The debug logic might differ between those 3 options, and for those trying to duplicate your problem on their cars, might be relevant.
I unlock the door by lifting the door knob.
I might say that the unlock switch on the driver side doesn't work.
Thank you for your help.

Administrator
As far as I have determined, the only things that disable the alarm are unlocking with the fob and powering the car with the correct key. Anything else the system interprets as an intrusion.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts