Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sky
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just had a a strange thing happen last night and I'm sure I'm not the first one this has happened to. I noticed I had broken one of the pins that keep my top aligned when it's up. The one that goes into the area just above the front windshield. It is part #4 in the image, had someone tell me that it wasn't even a 1 beer fix, they also mentioned it was just a screw in operation. I checked GM wholesale and the part number is still available (19120277), Has any one else had this happen?
Vertebrate Font Automotive exterior Auto part Parallel

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
You are the first I can remember hearing about.

·
Registered
2008 Sky
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it happens a lot when you are putting the top in the "trunk" and it's not quite sitting right and you close the lid on it.
You are the first I can remember hearing about.

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
I guess it happens a lot when you are putting the top in the "trunk" and it's not quite sitting right and you close the lid on it.
The latch can be damaged that way, but I cannot see how the alignment pin could be.

·
Registered
2008 Sky
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I understand if the pins are resting on the trunk walls and you close the trunk on them they will snap off. I just got off the phone from talking to my local GM dealership (up here in Canada) they are out of production but they can be ordered from Lansing. In case anybody needs one the part# is 19120277.
The latch can be damaged that way, but I cannot see how the alignment pin could be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts