Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be as sure as possible to be able to get a new Sky ASAP and at MSRP so I put deposits on one at three different dealerships. Two in my home state of Florida and one out of state. The first $500 deposit I placed was over a week ago at a local dealership. They had an available image for a white car/ tan interior and top, with all available options. White is OK, but I'm not sure if I will like the tan interior since so much of it is still black. It also has the spoiler, which, after seeing pics of it, looks like an add on that ruins the sleek lines of the car. Perhaps in person, it will look better. My second deposit was out of state from where I would get GM Courtesy Delivery to a local dealer. It was for a silver/black car. This dealer required me to order every available option. The third deposit is with another FL dealer who's policy is never to charge more than MSRP. I was free to order the options I really wanted on the car. My first choice was silver/black. To top it all off, I have been on a list to get one of the first available 2007 Z06 Corvettes at MSRP for about a month. The earliest I could get the Vette would be August. I'm hoping to get the one of the Skys a lot sooner. Soon enough to see if I like it enough to cancel the Corvette order !

Richard

·
Registered
295 Posts
Way2Fast said:
I want to be as sure as possible to be able to get a new Sky ASAP and at MSRP so I put deposits on one at three different dealerships. Two in my home state of Florida and one out of state. The first $500 deposit I placed was over a week ago at a local dealership. They had an available image for a white car/ tan interior and top, with all available options. White is OK, but I'm not sure if I will like the tan interior since so much of it is still black. It also has the spoiler, which, after seeing pics of it, looks like an add on that ruins the sleek lines of the car. Perhaps in person, it will look better. My second deposit was out of state from where I would get GM Courtesy Delivery to a local dealer. It was for a silver/black car. This dealer required me to order every available option. The third deposit is with another FL dealer who's policy is never to charge more than MSRP. I was free to order the options I really wanted on the car. My first choice was silver/black. To top it all off, I have been on a list to get one of the first available 2007 Z06 Corvettes at MSRP for about a month. The earliest I could get the Vette would be August. I'm hoping to get the one of the Skys a lot sooner. Soon enough to see if I like it enough to cancel the Corvette order !

Richard
Best get that Courtesy Delivery chiseled in stone. I am unable to Courtesy Deliver ANY SKY. And that was straight from the top. BUt yes, seems like you have all the bases covered, lol.
Cheers,
Jill

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Well I guess the dealers of the other two won't have a problem selling them. Do you think you'll get your $500 back from the other two or will you have to walk away from it?

BTW are they all giving you MSRP?

·
Registered
192 Posts
My Sky is on the way

I can't believe it's finally on the way!

Sent deposit check to dealer 2/1/05
Image came up 2/27/06
Went to 040 3/21/06 (Released to carrier yesterday)
Vin#902
Dealer in Indianapolis-I am #1 on the list at MSRP.

Today I took Ernests advice and went to the dealer and sat down with the sales manager and had him pull up my record and print it out. :driving: :driving: :driving:

Chili Pepper Red
Black top
5 Speed
Premium trim
6 disc radio
Spoiler
Limited slip diff.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Way2Fast said:

Richard
I too looked at the Vette as an option but after getting my Sky I can tell you that you will be so much happier with a Sky. The Sky is by far an eye catcher. No matter where I have been people flock to the car. Granted the Vette is faster and more space but I am happy to have pocketed $30,000 plus and have just as much fun! Trust me once you are in a Sky you will forget the Vette within minutes.:thumbs:

·
Registered
438 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:

Image came up 2/27/06
Vin#902

Today I took Ernests advice and went to the dealer and sat down with the sales manager and had him pull up my record and print it out. :driving: :driving: :driving:

I'm in the same boat! 040 3/18/06!
Vin 739! I think we should play our numbers in the lottery!

I cant wait to get this car!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Congrats #902, from #699. I have collected all printouts every step of tghe way, and now while I sit here waiting on the choo choo train, I flip back thru them and remember fondly all the excitement each one brought.:thumbs:

Double congrats for making it into the under 1000 club:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:

Image came up 2/27/06
Vin#902
That's the same day my image went in! Woo hoo! Maybe they've built mine too! I won't know until Monday, but I'll celebrate anyway!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:
Image came up 2/27/06
Vin#902
Darn, doesn't look like I will be a 1st 1,000... since I am still a couple of images away from being able to order.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
Darn, doesn't look like I will be a 1st 1,000... since I am still a couple of images away from being able to order.
As long as my SKY is in the first 10,000

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
:agree: :yesnod: :yesnod:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:

I agree. I wonder what the total # of deposits are combined of all of the dealers? It would be nice to know if you were on the outside looking in after being told you're not.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
I agree. I wonder what the total # of deposits are combined of all of the dealers? It would be nice to know if you were on the outside looking in after being told you're not.
I was told by my dealer --- "You are gaurenteed a SKY -- Congrats"
I'm 9 ot of ten on the list

I think 3 have been imaged.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm #7 or 8 out of 10...only 2 have been imaged at my dealer so far. :banghead: I too, have been told that I am guaranteed to get one...it's the 'when' part that they are unsure about. :willy: Spoke with my salesguy last night on the phone and he predicts that I will be imaged the first week of June...hopefully.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
07 Chili Pepper said:

Image came up 2/27/06
Vin#902

I'm in the same boat! 040 3/18/06!
Vin 739! I think we should play our numbers in the lottery!

I cant wait to get this car!
Okay ishot3bucks, your timeline sounds like mine! I think I need to call the dealer and demand the status code!:mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Which dealer in Indy did you place your order at?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Which dealer in Indianapolis did you place your order at?
QUOTE=07 Chili Pepper]I can't believe it's finally

Image came up 2/27/06
Vin#902

Chili Pepper Red
Black top
5 Speed
Premium trim
6 disc radio
Spoiler
Limited slip diff.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rick112 said:
Well I guess the dealers of the other two won't have a problem selling them. Do you think you'll get your $500 back from the other two or will you have to walk away from it?

BTW are they all giving you MSRP?

All the dealers said the deposits are fully refundable up until the time the car goes for final imaging. The local dealers deposit just gives me first shot at it as it had already been ordered by them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts