Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up all the details to today, nothing tio do but drive my SKY when it arrives. Last thing tio do was insurance this morning, got it done, dropped off papers at dealer, even proof of insurance card for glove box.:thumbs: It sure looks cool to see 2007 SKY on your card. WOW!! NOthing else to do now but await delivery any day, been on the train since last Friday, could be any day now. I need some some Forum power now to get that train on in here, can you all please send me some positive ionfluence? Amazingly I am for the most part cool, but everytime the phone rings and sez "call from Saturn" I admit I get butterflies:lol: :lol:

The reason is I am also in the process of ordering a ION R/L Coupe for my son. I the calls are input on that project. Hell at this rate he could have his built, shipped and delivered while the train keeps on rolling down that track with mine.:lol: :lol:

It will happen when it is meant to happen, I reckon':cheers: :thumbs:

·
Registered
178 Posts
EARNEST,
Beaumont just received their demo today am off the truck.....i am going by this pm after work to look and touch......maybe yours is near..........maybe on the same truck...........good luck and let us know..........

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
barb said:
EARNEST,
Beaumont just received their demo today am off the truck.....i am going by this pm after work to look and touch......maybe yours is near..........maybe on the same truck...........good luck and let us know..........
Thanks, let me know if it ius ophysically there, pleae, it had to come thru the FtWorth hub, check the VIN please, oh pretty please? Ask dealer about delivery schedule on it if possible.

·
Registered
275 Posts
barb said:
EARNEST,
Oh barb really!? Maybe we'll get our demo here in Houston today too then! We're practically neighbors, so all that truck need to do is hit I-10 west and there we are! My fingers are crossed.......:willy:

·
Registered
178 Posts
yes, my salesman called me at the end of my lunch hour.....if he had called me earlier my lunch would have been at the dealership......they were expecting this demo since February...........i will ask if they are privy to what else was on the truck and where else it was heading and with what.........

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Ernest,

You've got red/black interior, right? And yours is not the demo car, correct? I've ordered red/black and been at 030 for two weeks, as the third car ordered by my dealer (though the first customer specific order). My question is how long were you at 030 before yours was built and shipped? (I went to 030 on March 8)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ernest said:
I am also in the process of ordering a ION R/L Coupe for my son.
My son is so happy...We bought him a 2006 ION last Saturday. It's got the 2.4 Ecotech, sunroof, spoiler, etc.,etc. The reason he's so happy?...Dad still doesn't have his Sky.:mad: And he doesn't even turn 16 till July 11.

(Hope to see Barb tonight at Saturn of Southeast Texas to see the yellow Demo.)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey Ernest, ya think your sons ION will get in before you get your Sky?:lol:

Nah. Probably not! April fool.:lol:

Don't get a heart attack now.:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
barb said:
i will ask if they are privy to what else was on the truck and where else it was heading and with what.........
If it was like the truck that delivered the demo SKY to the retailer here, it could be on a truck of Durangos... lol... the driver of the truck said he picked it up in Buffalo, NY... when he dropped it off, he had to move some Durangos off to get the SKY off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ernest said:
Just finished up all the details to today, nothing tio do but drive my SKY when it arrives. Last thing tio do was insurance this morning, got it done, dropped off papers at dealer, even proof of insurance card for glove box.:thumbs: It sure looks cool to see 2007 SKY on your card. WOW!! NOthing else to do now but await delivery any day, been on the train since last Friday, could be any day now. I need some some Forum power now to get that train on in here, can you all please send me some positive ionfluence? Amazingly I am for the most part cool, but everytime the phone rings and sez "call from Saturn" I admit I get butterflies:lol: :lol:

The reason is I am also in the process of ordering a ION R/L Coupe for my son. I the calls are input on that project. Hell at this rate he could have his built, shipped and delivered while the train keeps on rolling down that track with mine.:lol: :lol:

It will happen when it is meant to happen, I reckon':cheers: :thumbs:
Sounds like you and I are in the same boat, waiting for the wind to hit our sails to we can start flying. I've got the insurance, financing, title all lined up. I've got a stubby antenna, GPS, and kappashield sitting in boxes in my living room, and a CAI, mud flaps, etc waiting in the parts department at the dealer.

I have to say, its hard to sit quietly waiting...
:mad: WHERE'S THAT FRIGGIN TRAIN AT ALREADY:mad: !!

Sorry, lost it there for a second.:willy: Where did I hide all my beer??

·
Registered
178 Posts
just saw the demo car in Beaumont Texas!

ok i just got back from seeing the yellow sky, with all the trimmings, loaded....oh my God, that car is beautiful.......i turned down the drive...5 0'clock traffic terrible with I10 road repair going on.......but, it is a beautiful car.....Ernest, the truck was carrying only 1 sky, and the rest were Chevrolet cars, according to my salesman....when I got there the mechanic was taking it for its first test run.....they already had it all cleaned up........it's a dream car..really sharp...to all who read this...there is no room in the trunk to put anything except maybe small over night bags, and then that might be a problem.........might want to send luggage ahead by fedex to wherever your going..the inside leather is really sharp, it was all black......they did a nice job on the design......the seat was really roomy, sits low, but overall it makes me even more determined to wait it out for my turn.........and it is coming!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I just missed Barb at the dealer...got there at 5:45. I drove the yellow VIN# 400 with my son in tow. Nice deep sound...then I had to turn down the XM radio with the Monsoon speakers...:cool:

The car handled just like I expected. It responded well. I love the short-throw shift. The clutch worked great and the car accelerated nicely.

I'm a pretty big guy 275 and 5'11" (yes...big, not tall) and the cockpit is tight...but not too much so. I did bump my head on the top (it was up) getting in...but I do that in my SL, too. With a little cordination, you can avoid that.:eek:

My son said he finally saw what I saw in the Sky...too bad son...you've got your ION.:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....... so the #400 is 45mins away from here.....
uhm... so it could be posible ... that mine (#417) will get here tomorrow!! wuuuuuuuuuujuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!... oh yeah baby...! I love this!
i'm so praying tonight!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts