Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I, like many ole timers here have bought from kappasphere....they were probably the first aftermarket people for our cars....I have never seen or heard of a kappasphere foot rest. Can u take a picture. Has anyone else?
As requested, plus the old nest for good measure.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,755 Posts
As requested, plus the old nest for good measure.
Thanks for posting....never saw that but for your information, u have the chrome package in your car. I would remove that foot pedal. It looks nicer with the oem. The chrome package came with upgraded radio (monsoon) I believe and buttons on your left side of your steering wheel. If u did not order the chrome package, your foot pedals would be black rubber only. Unscrew that kappasphere pedal. You will be happier. My opinion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for posting....never saw that but for your information, u have the chrome package in your car. I would remove that foot pedal. It looks nicer with the oem. The chrome package came with upgraded radio (monsoon) I believe and buttons on your left side of your steering wheel. If u did not order the chrome package, your foot pedals would be black rubber only. Unscrew that kappasphere pedal. You will be happier. My opinion.
I may take it out, it clearly was installed off center anyway.

Gonna leave the bee's nest though, I bet it adds at least 5hp!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Being a loaner manager with a 250 car loaner fleet, there is now nothing that I can find in a car that would surprise me. My most memorable one was early one morning (about 715am), my porter screams from the garage, "yo timmy, get out here now!!!" I walk out to a man that looks like he'd seen a ghost. We had just had the car dropped about 15 minutes earlier when we opened. I'm like "what?" He's says, "look in the glove box man!" I look and find a brown paper envelope. As I look in the envelope, there are 3 bricks of cash, all hundreds. I truly can't fingure out how all the money actually fit in the glove box at this point. I immediately yell for my assistant manager cause I'm thinking the person that just returned this car is going to say they had more cash then what they did and the dealership is being setup. She comes running out, "what's wrong?!?!" I turn to her and say there are 3 of us, and there's about $100k in cash. Larry (porter) looks at me and says, "oh yeah, there's a 9 in the center console too." I reply that there's 3 of us and none of us will leave each others side until this person comes back. We go in and call her, she was still over at service. She rushes over. As she gets to the counter she proceeds to tell me that it's her employee's christmas bonuses and totals about $135k that she was dropping at the bank before she went to the office and that the gun was her husbands. She grabs the envelope, gun and walks out the door, never said thanks, nothing. My porter looks at me and says, "see, told you we should have kept it."

·
Registered
17,755 Posts
Here is your problem...or the porters....he called u over. It is no longer a secret when more than one person knows it. No good deed goes unpunished.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Gonna leave the bee's nest though, I bet it adds at least 5hp!
Ahh, now I understand. That's not a Bee's nest, it's a Hornets nest. I thought it pretty unlikely Bees would nest in a car :)

But now a Hornet's nest would add up to 10mph!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ahh, now I understand. That's not a Bee's nest, it's a Hornets nest. I thought it pretty unlikely Bees would nest in a car :)

But now a Hornet's nest would add up to 10mph!
Rumor has it not only is 10mph added, your Carbon Footprint 👣 is lowered as well..... 🤔

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
About five years after I bought in (in 1991) I found a hash pipe wedged in between the driver's seat and tunnel in my Fiero.
Many, many years ago I bought a Triumph TR3. They had a hatch across the tail secured by a pair od Dzus fasteners that the spare tire fit into. For whatever reason I removed the spare one day and found a small bag of the same substance your pipe was intended for.

Of course as an upstanding member of society I was forced to immediately burn it to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands...

I have given every car I have bought since a careful examination for hidden treasures, but (alas) have never found any. Oh - I did find a shilling coin once in a TR2 (must have been something about Triumphs?) that was right hand drive and had come across the sea to my care.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Its a 2.4L, there is no noise with the CAI on an NA car.
This is just entirely false.
I have a 2.4 with a magnaflow exhaust system. I later(about 2 years later) installed the DDMWorks CAI. There was a rather large change in sound. Not MUCH louder, but most DEFINITELY a change in the tone of sound.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
And the list grows and I learn more:

RL gauge swap. Hard to tell for sure, but most likely just the face and not the whole cluster.
Does anyone know if this would require a speedo recalibration? I haven't had the car paced yet to be sure.
Replacement (blank) waterfall. Which is a shame, I kinda love the Saturn logo
Replacement surround for the shifter, black. Includes the flip out passenger cup holder, this one looks marginally more sturdy than the original, but it's not the billet AL replacement. Someone correct me if this surround trim ever came in anything other than silver.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts