Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just last Friday I was pretty upset since the retailer I work for was NOT able to order any RedLines for the 2nd week in a row.

I was specially upset to the fact that my retailer waited till Friday afternoon to place any SKY orders and it was my fear that, since there where ONLY 25 RedLines available for "pick-up" we somehow "missed the boat" by waiting that long.

In my frustration I e-mailed the Saturn District Sales & Service Manager and he was very kind to explain some things to me.

Here is an excerpt:

There is no advantage to placing orders early in the allocation period, such as the early morning of the 1st day open to ordering. The options that are "constrained" are already pre-assigned to a specific retailer(s).
Either because they earned the allocation or politically assigned, if your retailer did NOT get an allocation for a RedLine its because it was NOT meant to go to that Retailer... :banghead:

Here is another excerpt:

Basically if 25% of the Sky's to be produced (at the time) will be RedLines, then around 25% of every retailers allocation can be RedLines, if the orders are put in as RedLines.
There you all go, directly from the "horses-mouth"... :thumbs:

I feel a lot better but at the same time I feel cheated; too much chance for politically assigned allocations in this system... :mad: Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
:banghead: So i guess if your dealer gets one of the last allocations, it may be a lengthy wait. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pitcom said:
:banghead: So i guess if your dealer gets one of the last allocations, it may be a lengthy wait. :banghead:
Seems that way!!! :banghead: :mad: :brentil:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I guess the silver lining is maybe some of the bugs will be engineered out by the time I get my Red Line. :D

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
So I guess my time line is because I'm 6th in line (2 skys; 3 redlines) allocation 2/month: deposit june '06, delivery Jan '08 or beyond :mad: :banghead: :willy:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
kwayne said:
So I guess my time line is because I'm 6th in line (2 skys; 3 redlines) allocation 2/month: deposit june '06, delivery Jan '08 or beyond :mad: :banghead: :willy:
Some dealerships might only get 1 Red Line allocation or posibly none. So you really can't figure at 2 a month.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have been working with 2 dealers. The second one is selling at MSRP with no forced dealer addons, the first is charging a 9% premuim plus $1,800 in addons.

I asked the second dealer if it was true that delaers selling at MSRP would get better allocations. He told me he had heard that dealers selling above MSRP were seeing their allocations "dry up" but he had not heard that those selling at MSRP were getting their allocations increased.

Does anyone know if thi is true?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts