Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bringing this forward from the Sky forum post be Small Dealer. It is about the GXP and red Line. Sorry not good news.

Here you go:

10/6 GXP Allocations for October Consensus and Balance of Calendar Year 06 Production

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shutdown of turbo production is now going to be felt in the allocation schedules for both Pontiac and Saturn. The October Consensus cycle kicks off today, so dealerships will see the coming numbers for November/December shipments.

Here is the short message from Pontiac:

Quote:
Solstice GXP Estimated Shipments ... received by dealers during the July through September Consensus Cycles were increased to provide flexibility during product launch. At this time, there are sufficient orders to accommodate production requirements through mid-December and, as a result, GXP estimated shipments will be limited for the October Consensus Cycle to cover production through the end of December. We will continue to keep you informed on the continued progress of the GXP launch.

Here is the Saturn version:

Quote:
Currently, we have enough SKY Red Line orders in the system to cover current production requirements. Therefore, a zero constraint has been placed on Red Line. This zero constraint is expected to lift in early November.

Which makes sense, as Saturn was able to stop the allocation of the Redline through constraints, where as Pontiac had already planned allocation of the GXP, and "picked up" more orders.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I assume when the article talks about 'orders' they are talking about orders that have been 'picked up' by the system (at Event Code 2000 or above, right?). So, those of us with preliminary orders in the system, but no allocations yet, still have a chance at getting an allocation for a SKY RL before the end of the year?

Early November is good. That means the constraint should probably get lifted next week then (that would be constraints for the TPW of 11/6).

·
Registered
991 Posts
I guess I am very lucky to make it under the wire. Iam at 3100(today) so at least my waiting will be limited only by what GM can make rhis month or so and that I am not on the order placed but no allocation thing. Waiting is a little easier now.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume when the article talks about 'orders' they are talking about orders that have been 'picked up' by the system (at Event Code 2000 or above, right?). So, those of us with preliminary orders in the system, but no allocations yet, still have a chance at getting an allocation for a SKY RL before the end of the year?

Early November is good. That means the constraint should probably get lifted next week then (that would be constraints for the TPW of 11/6).
Pretty much if your not 2000 accepted by Gm or 2500 by now you won't get your car allocated untill probably next year. Maybe Jan or Feb or later. That means if your 2030 order re-edited or 2050 you order most likely get picked up in 2006.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Pretty much if your not 2000 accepted by Gm or 2500 by now you won't get your car allocated untill probably next year. Maybe Jan or Feb or later. That means if your 2030 order re-edited or 2050 you order most likely get picked up in 2006.
Hoo boy, Kathy. I should have grabbed that GXP we talk about. Oh well. You show me at 2030 so maybe I'll get an RL before spring!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Here is the Saturn version:

Quote:
Currently, we have enough SKY Red Line orders in the system to cover current production requirements. Therefore, a zero constraint has been placed on Red Line. This zero constraint is expected to lift in early November.
Bolded added by me. Does this mean they'll issue more Constraints when a TPW comes out in November (which would be for Dec production), or will the TPWs for November (which started this week) include more RLs? The announcement is somewhat confusing and could mean they'll either grant more allocations with TPWs for mid November, or they won't issue more allocations until November with TPWs for late December. Which does that mean?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I hate this is the case, but I can confirm this... :banghead: :mad: :brentil:

I'm really getting 100% pissed off by this!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Subject: SKY Red Line Order Constraint Update
Message #: **********

Saturn Marketing Team
DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss: :cuss:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hoo boy, Kathy. I should have grabbed that GXP we talk about. Oh well. You show me at 2030 so maybe I'll get an RL before spring!!!
Spring is ok if you live in the North right now. I said if I don't get my car by the end of october then I don't care or prefer it in march or april. It's only going to go in the garage if it comes in November or December.

Maybe you should of grabbed the one we talked about. But you never know if your doing the right thing..

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bolded added by me. Does this mean they'll issue more Constraints when a TPW comes out in November (which would be for Dec production), or will the TPWs for November (which started this week) include more RLs? The announcement is somewhat confusing and could mean they'll either grant more allocations with TPWs for mid November, or they won't issue more allocations until November with TPWs for late December. Which does that mean?
The cars that get allocated in November will most likely be a December build date.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The cars that get allocated in November will most likely be a December build date.
I don't think you're understanding the question I'm asking. What I want to know is if Saturn's statement means the report released next week (which would give allocations with TPW of 11/6, i.e. "early November) is when the constraints will be lifted, or if a report in "early November" (which would give allocations with TPW of mid-December) is when the constraints will be lifted. I'm probably just trying to be hopelessly optimistic here, but I could read Saturn's statement to work for either wording.

Like I said in the other thread, theoretically, after catching up on the RL orders they've been skipping, and since they've probably been filling some base SKY orders earlier than their original TPWs were for, they should be back to 'normal' production schedule. Of course, I'm going to assume that the RL will have to ramp back up again as they'll probably take it easy the first week or two here just to make sure all the bugs are worked out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If I am at 3000 what does this mean? No car till November or possibly produced in October?

:banghead: Blue:mad:
Same here. I must confess I do not speak the auto talk like "deluke" & "SKY SPY" so if you don't mind , what doers this mean for us at 3000 on a BASE?:confused:
Thanks.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
...us at 3000 on a BASE?:confused:
Thanks.
I'm trying to figure it out from your avatar. What BASE are you on? SECOND?

:) :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I don't think you're understanding the question I'm asking. What I want to know is if Saturn's statement means the report released next week (which would give allocations with TPW of 11/6, i.e. "early November) is when the constraints will be lifted, or if a report in "early November" (which would give allocations with TPW of mid-December) is when the constraints will be lifted. I'm probably just trying to be hopelessly optimistic here, but I could read Saturn's statement to work for either wording.

Like I said in the other thread, theoretically, after catching up on the RL orders they've been skipping, and since they've probably been filling some base SKY orders earlier than their original TPWs were for, they should be back to 'normal' production schedule. Of course, I'm going to assume that the RL will have to ramp back up again as they'll probably take it easy the first week or two here just to make sure all the bugs are worked out.
I'm reading it that they will most likely not give out any more allacations untill 1 or 2 week in November that will be probably be for a mid December build. And if you are at code 2000 or 2500 and above you should get built sometime between now (or start of build) and the middle of December.It will take them untill the middle of December to catch up to all the allocations that have been given out already. This is how I'm reading it. And think this is what is ment. Maybe Sky Spy could confirm ?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same here. I must confess I do not speak the auto talk like "deluke" & "SKY SPY" so if you don't mind , what doers this mean for us at 3000 on a BASE?:confused:
Thanks.
I think he just means that he is at code 3000.( Which he considers first base like in baseball )

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
But what does all this mean to those waiting for base skys?

Does any of this news on the RL's have anything to do with the production--and wait--for regular Sky models?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does any of this news on the RL's have anything to do with the production--and wait--for regular Sky models?
They will be producing more Red Lines the next few week so the Base sky production will probably drop. They will be trying to make up for some of the Production Red Line down time.

So they will be producing less base Sky models.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks "deluke"....:thumbs: THATS exactly what we were trying to say. For those at say 3000 on a Base Model Sky (non R/L) then the Base SKY production will continue to be slow (I'm assuming:jester: ) because of the delays causing a continued "tilt" of the production to R/L's..... So, we have more time to procure Christmas gifts for the new car that now looks more likely to be closer to arriving under the "tree" than in the driveway in time for Fall......:rolleyes:
Sadly "jdigiant".....the Red Sox are home BUT it looks like the Yankees will soon be there also and THAT is the next best thing here in RedSoxNation!!!!:D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks "deluke"....:thumbs: THATS exactly what we were trying to say. For those at say 3000 on a Base Model Sky (non R/L) then the Base SKY production will continue to be slow (I'm assuming:jester: ) because of the delays causing a continued "tilt" of the production to R/L's..... So, we have more time to procure Christmas gifts for the new car that now looks more likely to be closer to arriving under the "tree" than in the driveway in time for Fall......:rolleyes:
Sadly "jdigiant".....the Red Sox are home BUT it looks like the Yankees will soon be there also and THAT is the next best thing here in RedSoxNation!!!!:D

No way !!! Watch the Yankees this afternoon. They are good under presure usually.

GOOOOOOO Yankees !!!

I actually think the base Sky's are coming out pretty fast. But it all depends on your dealer's allocation. I know someone who ordered 8/2 and their car is produced.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts