Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if anyone has already posted this info but I do see this as a common topic. I came across some information on how they decide how many solstices are going to each dealership. This may be how they do it for the Sky or maybe not. Either way, I thought it would be good to post they formula they used. here ya go---

Solstice Allocation Information

Solstice allocation formula is based on:

50% Pontiac retail car sales history for prior 12 months
50% competitive set
The latter is based on 11 key competitors, including:

Mazda MX-5 Miata
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Honda S2000
Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder
Nissan 350Z Roadster
Ford Mustang Convertible
Mini Cooper Convertible
VW Beetle Convertible
Chrysler Crossfire Roadster
Audi TT
BMW Z4

Phase I
Exclusive 2006 Pontiac Solstice Early Order Program
Official announcement: April 14
Promotional period: April 15 - 24

Phase II
4-month Dealer allocation quantity based on 50/50 formula

Phase III
Controlled allocation based on 50/50 formula (Timing TBD)

Phase IV
Turn-n-earn (Timing TBD)

Constraints

OnStar® System (October 2005)
5-speed automatic transmission (February 2006)

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Right now there are trying to determine who is getting how many SKY's. There have been talk about the souther states getting a few more allocated than the northern states due to the fact that in the south the SKY would be driven for more months per year than in the north. I have no information as of yet as to which way have they decided to go with this but I hear this is the reason the allocation announcement have been delayed. :brentil:

I guess we will just have to sit and wait and see what actually happens... :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they gotta have some kind of formula like they do for the solstice don't they? or is it likely that saturn could decide allocation based an entirely different set of ideas. (like north vs south)?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
usmc said:
they gotta have some kind of formula like they do for the solstice don't they? or is it likely that saturn could decide allocation based an entirely different set of ideas. (like north vs south)?
With the Solstice the formula determines the # of cars a d ealer gets. Then location deteremines who gets allocations filled first. Seems there's a chance southern states are going to get Solstices before northern due to the time of year right now.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bah!!! I live in northern California, so thats not what I wanted to hear!!! :brentil:

maybe they'll make an exception for CA being that we probably have more convertibles than any state and only 2 seasons. :D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just realized you were talking about solstice, if the Sky comes out in March do you think location will still make a difference? Isn't there still snow in the midwest/east coast in March?? Send 'em to sunny Cali!!!! we don't have salt on the roads to rust the floor out!! :D :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Allocation

Or better yet, to S. Florida because that is our dry season.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there we go!! we just figured out allocation... 50% to S. FL and 50% to Cali!
all we have to do now is let the bigwigs at saturn know we've come up with a solution! :cheers:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
Right now there are trying to determine who is getting how many SKY's. There have been talk about the souther states getting a few more allocated than the northern states due to the fact that in the south the SKY would be driven for more months per year than in the north. I have no information as of yet as to which way have they decided to go with this but I hear this is the reason the allocation announcement have been delayed. :brentil:

I guess we will just have to sit and wait and see what actually happens... :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
The GM at the Saturn, which emailed me sounds right. He said that it would be Oct/Nov, when they received word on numbers. He said something about a Vegas meeting ... :cheers:

·
Registered
411 Posts
usmc said:
there we go!! we just figured out allocation... 50% to S. FL and 50% to Cali!
all we have to do now is let the bigwigs at saturn know we've come up with a solution! :cheers:

HA HA,.. YEAH!! :D:D Cali Rocks,... Total Roadster weather. I was in Carlsbad a while ago and loved it. In Oceanside, Ca along the beautiful beaches, i fell in love. Im defanitly buying a place there. But staying in Florida most of the time.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am not even going to guess on allocations! But I will tell you guys...I saw all the managers in a dark office, sitting around a crystal ball that seemed to be glowing....
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
I am not even going to guess on allocations! But I will tell you guys...I saw all the managers in a dark office, sitting around a crystal ball that seemed to be glowing....
Cheers,
Jill
I think that was from a MX-5 owner after he saw a Sky for real on display at a Saturn dealership they fell off and started glowing... I heard that all the dealers will soon be getting one of those...A lot of the MX-5 owners are losing theirs after seeing a Sky... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Well it's nice to see that a weeks vacation hasn't changed all the speculation around here! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts