Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from the dealer last night. She said a silver pearl, manual, black leather SKY came in and I was next in line for it. I had ordered one and put a deposit down Mar. 22. I thought it would be amazing to only wait 5 wks. for my car. The car was hiding in the back for me still wrapped in plastic. It did not have the chrome wheels, LSD, or red leather that I wanted. My husband and I stared at it for 45 min. debating if we should settle and get this car. I remembered what all of you have been saying, so we decided to wait for our order and get exactly what we want. It was sooooo tempting to take it. I could have been the 2nd one in our area to have one. What a tease to sit in a car that is so sweet and not drive it home. I also remembered about the wheel rub problem, so I checked. Sure enough, I could barely fit my hand between the rear tire and wheel well on both sides of the car. The dealer had no clue this was a problem. I had to tell them I heard about it on this forum. They were amazed I knew more than they did. I also keep asking them for an "image" or order # and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. :banghead: Now it looks like I'll have to patiently wait until June.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Your dealer must be in sync with my dealer. He tells me I'm part of the allocation they have but won't say how many he is allocated. He says I'm imaging but doesn't know when that will be done. I ask him for an order number and I get "HUH?"

LOL So I guess we all have to wait quietly until our cars just roll on in.

·
Registered
314 Posts
moni6 said:
My husband and I stared at it for 45 min. debating if we should settle and get this car. I remembered what all of you have been saying, so we decided to wait for our order and get exactly what we want. It was sooooo tempting to take it. ....Now it looks like I'll have to patiently wait until June.
Well, you've joined the club of those of us who decided to pass on available Skys to get ones we ordered. We passed on two automatics, primarily because they did not have red leather. But Oh, were they both sweet cars :drool:, one silver pearl and the other white. They are now with other happy owners while we wait, and wait, and wait. Working on the patiently aspect (we have had no updates since we got our order #). Can share your anticipation and wish you well. You'll never regret waiting the few extra weeks to get what you want most.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You won't be sorry for waiting for what you want. You are talking about a short wait compared to the time you will own. I don't think I will even get imaged until midmay and I put my deposit down two days after you, but I am holding on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
just got my vin today:cheers:

·
Registered
314 Posts
ChiliSkyVA said:
just got my vin today:cheers:
Will you check saturn.com "locate vehicle" to see when your VIN appears on your dealer's list of availble SKYs?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just check Saturn.com and my vin finally shows up on my dealers locate a sky. Hope this means my car will be here in the next month.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Oh to have a person like we have in "small dealer" on our solsticeforum.com...He explains all of the codes and the VROM and image and codes and production restrains and allocations....straight from GM....Gotta find a saturn dealer like that!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Chili You are welcome to join our group! We are a Solstice/Sky club for MD/DC/VA and have M&G and events to go to like Ocean City car shows or Nationals Games and the general car drives too! Shoot an EMail to [email protected] for more info!

·
Registered
115 Posts
SkyHope said:
Will you check saturn.com "locate vehicle" to see when your VIN appears on your dealer's list of availble SKYs?
Yes, this is a great idea. I did this and saw my dealer's showroom model VIN posted. The system must be directly linked to the Wilmington factory. Any VINs that are in the system for your area's dealers will show up here. Check the site every other day or so....................:cool:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ok...I'm confused

About this VIN/dealer locater thing on the Saturn.com website...my dealer received their 2nd Sky last week Tuesday. I checked the dealer locater everyday, but the car didn't show up until a few days ago. :confused: Why is it that some VINs are showing up on the dealer's site as soon as they are generated (cars still at factory)...while others don't show up until days after the car actually arrives at the dealership? I just assumed that the online inventory of the dealerships was something that was maintained by the individual dealerships and that they were just slow with updating their website. But in the post above this one, the poster states that they think the inventory is maintained from the Wilmington plant? So which is it???

·
Registered
314 Posts
nscrbug said:
About this VIN/dealer locater thing on the Saturn.com website...Why is it that some VINs are showing up on the dealer's site as soon as they are generated (cars still at factory)...while others don't show up until days after the car actually arrives at the dealership?
Actually, I can tell you from tracking the 3 ordered by our dealer prior to ours, that as soon as they are released to ship they'll show up. Then they'll drop off and reappear without any apparent reason - I'm assuming that is as they go off one system and onto another track. All I can tell you is sometimes a VIN will be listed and later in the same day vanish, only to reappear a day or two later. Eventually all 3 of the SKYs the dealer ordered did show up in the showroom. I'll take it as progress as soon as the next SKY appears for Elk Grove as I'm told it will be our order. No harm in checking the saturn.com site just don't get alarmed if the VIN you're watching comes and goes a few times. Any dealer care to elaborate?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts