Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My husband and I are yet another frustrated customer of Saturn. We ordered our Redline in July and have heard absolutely nothing regarding our car.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm right there with you :grouphug:

Mine was ordered June 13th - and I've been at 2030 since 8/7 also.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Honestly there has been much said about information exchange and how some, and I emphisise SOME Dealerships have no solid information or fail pass on what comes their way when they do have it.
That said, this FORUMN is saving a lot of us and frankly Saturn, from a lot of baddddd:brentil: feelings.
BUT....In the defense of the old information-situation, who in Saturn ever could have known just how much "fuss" this car would generate.:eek: I* was told 6 months...in fact I was told in the beginning that it would be next spring for a Base!!!! I accepted that and hoped for the best....hang in there, theres lots of us doing the same thing:jester:....I've taken to making paper dolls on my desktop....it helps:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
48 Posts
im right with you!!
very fustrating...saleman either lie or are clueless
IMHO this is makin saturn look real bad
im ready to give up

·
Registered
653 Posts
DesertSky, what number are you on their list for a Redline? Right now, my wife and I are #2, and our Dealer has yet to even get their allocation for the #1 spot. So, realistically, we aren't expecting to get our car until the beginning of 2007, which by this point, is OK with us, as it's getting cold here in OH already. If you are in the top 3-4 on the list, I'm pretty sure you'll get it well before 2008. The sales people will ALWAYS give you a WAY overshot estimate on when it will arrive because if they say "January" and it doesn't come till June, then they have a much more serious problem. The worst that will happen to the sales person at this point is that you walk away. Which, really isn't a problem at all, since I'm sure there are people in line behind you.

Just keep the faith, and know that from the reports of others here on the forums, that IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, a lot of us are in the same boat. We are just waiting and waiting. However, my dealer did tell me I was going to be in for a long wait and I accepted that. It is good to know however, that I am at least on their list and got there somewhat early. I did get to drive an auto base model for a promotion I was envolved in, it pretty much backed up my decision for a 5 speed and turbo. ( Keep in mind I prefer performance oriented cars ) If cruising is more your style a base would probably suit you fine. I have chosen to hold out for the Redline, so I offer to you a :grouphug: and a hang in there. :cheers:

·
Registered
462 Posts
silver, auto, lsd available in medford, oregon

They had a cancellation, you could have this one within 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
My husband and I are yet another frustrated customer of Saturn. We ordered our Redline in July and have heard absolutely nothing regarding our car. (Thank you Deluke for taking the ball that these people have dropped.) My husband checks in at the dealership every few weeks and they act dumb. We had to ask for our order number and they grudgingly gave it to us. They claim to not know how to look up the event codes. (We have been at event code 2030 since 8/7) Our sales person is very friendly but can't give us much info. We expected a wait and were told 6-8 mos. but being left in the dark is really frustrating. When my husband checked in last week he was told we would probably get our car in 2008! That is a bit longer than 8 Months!:banghead: I don't want to be whiny but I just don't understand how long Saturn can expect to treat Customers like this.

What is really irritating is that the Owner of the dealership has his Redline and he just purchased another on Ebay. When we asked about the one he purchased on auction we discovered it may also be his personal car. Hmmm. Ok now we have Car envy. That is an unattractive attribute we need to work on.

At this time we are rethinking our strategy and may be open to a base model with similiar color and options. At least we could enjoy being a member of our local Sky/Sol Club! Hey Earnest you want to let Serenity go to a loving home??? We have horses dogs and plenty of other cars for her to play with!

Ok I think I better go now before I really LOOSE my marbles!:willy:
First of all Your Welcome !!! Second at least they are looking at your order once in a while. That is a good sign. The production stop really is messing things up. But hang in there. If you want to go with a base sky thats fine. But i would thry waiting it out. the Red Line will be so awsome !!!!

But I too am tired of waiting and have thought many times to say the heck with it and get something else. But I just Love the GXP that much I know I probably won't be happy with anything else. I'm just hoping for a early spring.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I smile as I read these -- after waiting 9 months for my SKY and being so happy that it didn't take a real long time to get.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
To all the people that are complaining: Would you rather they deliver your brand new, $30,000 purchase with known defects? It's not like they're choosing not to produce them or that they aren't trying to improve the design...

If it takes another 8 months for them to get it right, then either wait the 8 months or cancel your order. There's no point on complaining to anyone, especially Saturn. It's done when it's done.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
To all the people that are complaining: Would you rather they deliver your brand new, $30,000 purchase with known defects? It's not like they're choosing not to produce them or that they aren't trying to improve the design...

If it takes another 8 months for them to get it right, then either wait the 8 months or cancel your order. There's no point on complaining to anyone, especially Saturn. It's done when it's done.
Complaining and ranting is good sometimes, it makes you feel alot better mentally when your done. So you could sit and wait for 12 months and not say a word if you want to but that doesn't mean everyone has to. If it takes another 8 months they can keep the GXP I don't need a car. I'll buy something else. Maybe the 2 seater Jag.

Go ahead people if it makes you feel better complain all you want. Most of us will listen. We caan't do anything about it but we will listen and you will feel alot better.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks "deluke".

:rant: &^^&%%#%$#*()**&^&^$%$#&*()*(*^^%$#$%$*)(*()*&*&&()*(*&(***(&&*&(&%%$%*_+)+_)+_)+_)*(*^^&%$%^$#^(**(^^^()*()*)(*(.

There, now I've said it and I DO feel better.:jester:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Go ahead people if it makes you feel better complain all you want. Most of us will listen. We caan't do anything about it but we will listen and you will feel alot better.
I beg to differ, deluke...
Most of our complaints are about not knowing what is going on...
- U are doing something about it for quite a few of us!!:cheers:

As for what you said, shameless cookie... I am sure that very few are upset that they are fixing the car. We are upset that some of the dealerships have not notified us that the production was delayed... and they won't return phone calls... even though we have already given them a significant amount of money, and are planning to hand over even more money!:boxing:

Things would be very different if we were able to get our information from the dealerships (who will be making money from this) instead of depending on the kindness of stangers on a forum. Why should Sky Spy need to post the constraints when all of our dealerships recieve the same reports? It is the kindness of people like Sky Spy and deluke who keep us happy. Many of us would have given up before without those two - and the rest of our forum community - to lean on when the frustration hits!!:grouphug:

As for me - I will happily wait for the car to be in great shape! The problem is, my current car is not doing well, and I've been waiting close to two years... I put money down the first chance I had back in January... :eek:

I'd blow a fuse if I couldn't voice frustration every once and a while!!
:willy:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ranting and raving

I'm a strong believer in the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I have a huge mouth and had my first Sky Midnight Blue loaded manual delivered in March.

My second one a Bluestone Redline automatic loaded delivered in September.

Deluke will tell you Im loud and obnoxious in a good way.

Speak-up your the customer let them know what you expect from them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a strong believer in the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I have a huge mouth and had my first Sky Midnight Blue loaded manual delivered in March.

My second one a Bluestone Redline automatic loaded delivered in September.

Deluke will tell you Im loud and obnoxious in a good way.

Speak-up your the customer let them know what you expect from them.
Or try not to get all bent out of shape about a month or two of waiting, and enjoy life for what it is...

I'll pray for all of you tonight.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I agree with "Spag" and "Deluke" :thumbs:

Respect is a two-way street! :)

These Saturn dealers are in the customer relations business and basic salesmanship is communications.

Maybe our forum cries were part of that Saturn multi-state meeting in NJ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
forum venting

I've got to agree with everyone about the benefits of this site. I had to enlighten my salesperson today on some of the things I've learned here over the past few weeks. I was told that my original wait of 12 months is more realistically like 6 months( for a base Sky ). Yet, they still haven't given me a number I can work with--they say its an allocation issue--and I put a deposit down on 8-31. This isn't complaining, just a way of learning more during this whole process.:D

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thanks "deluke".

:rant: &^^&%%#%$#*()**&^&^$%$#&*()*(*^^%$#$%$*)(*()*&*&&()*(*&(***(&&*&(&%%$%*_+)+_)+_)+_)*(*^^&%$%^$#^(**(^^^()*()*)(*(.

There, now I've said it and I DO feel better.:jester:
Thanks for the laugh Cuinoz. That was cute! I called my dealer today to see what is going on. I make it light and fun when I call, and they said to call any time. They told me they would call me when a Redline comes in. Well, guess what gang. They got one in last week and didn't call me. He told me the owner came in within the hour, picked up the car and went on vacation. This was at Saturn of Cerritos in CA. Is that anyone on our forum? He said they should be ordering my RL the second week in December. Then it's about 8 weeks from then to take possession. Hopefully, I will get it for my birthday! Whoooo hoooo. It is difficult to wait and I read your posts daily, getting excited for all of you who have taken delivery. I know it is worth the wait, especially to get a better made car. Hang in their group. It is worth it.....it is worth it.....it is worth it...etc. etc. etc. :yesnod:

·
Registered
323 Posts
1 - :agree: I agree with you, the wait sucks. I was told from June that December I could expect my RL. No chance in h$ll that will happen when I am #21 and #1 has yet to get theirs locally. I am now at next AUGUST (2008 model and PRICE!!!!)

2 - I also agree with Scott (Eye on Sky) - not only make a fuss, but shop until your phone stops dialing. I may end up hurting my local dealer by getting my RL elsewhere faster but I don't care - it's MY car (their sale "credit" is secondary to my overall happiness).

3 - Maybe do like so many of us have - get a base Sky, check it out, then when your RL order comes due, you know EXACTLY what options you like or dislike. I have added and subtracted based on my recent Sky driving.

My RL order has changed in 3 options now that I have been driving my base Sky for 5 weeks / 2,700 miles. :thumbs:

A for poor Jim (CUINOZ).....I am desparately keeping him at "the edge" the last few days....hang in there all...it will get better!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
1 - :agree: I agree with you, the wait sucks. I was told from June that December I could expect my RL. No chance in h$ll that will happen when I am #21 and #1 has yet to get theirs locally. I am now at next AUGUST (2008 model and PRICE!!!!)
There are 20 RL orders ahead of you at a dealership in Wisconsin??

You sure your not 21st car overall at dealership? Its a big difference. RLs are jumping ahead of base sky's. When the RL allocations are there, the dealers are typically placing the RL orders.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts