Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got home from my trip and I now have 1077 miles on my car...
here are my impressions so far.
Likes,
1. Looks
2. power
3. Quality
4. ease of use
5. handling
6. comfort
7. Mileage 27.6 MPG over the first 1077 miles.
Dislikes
1 Cup holder location

concerns others have had,
1. Luggage space...
Had room with the top down for my wekender bag with three days clothes, and toiletries, My laptop computer bag, Camera bag, had room for another bag like my weekender bag but didn't need it.
2. Wind noise..
While there was a little wind noise, there was more road noise than wind noise, but mainly on concrete interstates. asphalt roads were very quiet.
3. Wind with the top down:
While there was some wind, not enought to really be a bother at 70mph, and below 50 hardly any at all.
4. driving with the top down in cold weather.
My recomendation is around town, antime above 45degrees with the sun out, on the highway above 55 degrees the heater was more than able to keep us warm. in fact my left hand got tooo warm...

This is a wonderful car and I recommend it to anyone wanting a sports roadster under 30,000 dollars.
Here are some pictures i took on my trip

Attachments

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Congrats! I just passed 515 joy-filled miles myself. Getting looks everywhere we go. Just smile and wave!:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great pics...thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Skyman are you in the Knoxville area? Is that I-40? Will you come by my house so I can check our your sweet ride? :) You have the same color combination that I ordered.

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
How did she handle in the mountains? Any hint of heating up, etc? I'm sure she pulled those hills with ease!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
here are a few more
It looks like you caught a UFO in one of your pics! :willy:
Fortunately, I run [email protected] so I was able to capture there transmission. Then using the Universal translator program I had from when I used to be Trekkie, I translated it!
AlienSkies.jpg

This car may not save GM, but it looks like it did save the Earth! :thumbs:

·
Registered
389 Posts
lmao!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
richmcc said:
It looks like you caught a UFO in one of your pics! :willy:
Fortunately, I run [email protected] so I was able to capture there transmission. Then using the Universal translator program I had from when I used to be Trekkie, I translated it!
View attachment 1167

This car may not save GM, but it looks like it did save the Earth! :thumbs:
That is good... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
ku4zs said:
Skyman are you in the Knoxville area? Is that I-40? Will you come by my house so I can check our your sweet ride? :) You have the same color combination that I ordered.
I live in Johnson City, That was I-26 between Asheville NC and Johnson City.
When I went down i took 321 and 421, and on 321 it handled like a dream... That was before i got the 500 miles on it, so I took it easy, but i could see it was not even straining it to take 20MPH curves at 40...
No overheating either... used 5th gear and cruise control at 70 in the mountians on the interstate coming home, and it never had a problem keeping up the speed, and for you single guys, It sure attracts the women....
I don;t know when i will get to knoxville next time, maybe come through there this sunday, PM-me your Phone Number and i will give you a buzz next time i think i will be in town or that area with my car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
1000 Miles..................

THANKS FOR YOUR REPORT !:cool: :cool: :cool: NICE TO HEAR IOOO MILES TROUBLE FREE TOO :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
richmcc said:
I do hope that was really a spec on the windshield!:willy: :eek: :willy:
yes it was.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's what I wanted to hear...its nice the car is fun to drive and all, but the women are the icing on the cake :) I'm here at THE Ohio State University and hoping to pick up a few cuties...even though I'm 29, the car should help right??

·
Registered
182 Posts
foolintherain76 said:
the women are the icing on the cake :) I'm hoping to pick up a few cuties...even though I'm 29, the car should help right??
I'm 50 and need all the help I can get ! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First to 2000 miles?

Ok I just got back this afternoon from my trip to Louisville Ky, My car now has 2112 miles on it, Not one problem yet, tight as a drum, no waterleaks, averaging 27.6 MPG
Got the thumbs up from. several truck drivers, 2 Porsche drivers, I miata driver, 2 BMW Z3 drivers, and a Corvette driver, another Corvette driver tried to race me... Several Motorcycle drivers did a double take.. and the Women, wow they all were very interested in me and the car...I was asked by several if I was "Available" Not bad for a fat, balding 52 year old MARRIED guy....
You Single guys are gonna have to beat them off with a stick....that is if you want to LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
I take mine in to the dealer Monday for the rear wheels rubbing the wheel well. Since you have so many miles on yours, do you have any scuffs on the rear wheel wells on the side near the doors? I only have 199 on mine.:confused:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stu's Sky said:
I take mine in to the dealer Monday for the rear wheels rubbing the wheel well. Since you have so many miles on yours, do you have any scuffs on the rear wheel wells on the side near the doors? I only have 199 on mine.:confused:
I haven;t noticed any, I will look again tomorrow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I just got home from my trip and I now have 1077 miles on my car...
here are my impressions so far.
Likes,
1. Looks
2. power
3. Quality
4. ease of use
5. handling
6. comfort
7. Mileage 27.6 MPG over the first 1077 miles.
Dislikes
1 Cup holder location

concerns others have had,
1. Luggage space...
Had room with the top down for my wekender bag with three days clothes, and toiletries, My laptop computer bag, Camera bag, had room for another bag like my weekender bag but didn't need it.
2. Wind noise..
While there was a little wind noise, there was more road noise than wind noise, but mainly on concrete interstates. asphalt roads were very quiet.
3. Wind with the top down:
While there was some wind, not enought to really be a bother at 70mph, and below 50 hardly any at all.
4. driving with the top down in cold weather.
My recomendation is around town, antime above 45degrees with the sun out, on the highway above 55 degrees the heater was more than able to keep us warm. in fact my left hand got tooo warm...

This is a wonderful car and I recommend it to anyone wanting a sports roadster under 30,000 dollars.
Here are some pictures i took on my trip

Thanks for your encouraging report. Can't wait till I get to drive mine here during the Alaskan summer....where it doesn't get above 75 degrees, and sun doesn't go down till 2am.........:cheers:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts