Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now that I have just had a good cry I would like to know if I am making too big of an issue about my dealer forgetting to order the LSD? :chill: I realize that It doesnt snow here, but it does rain. Since it is a standard I really really wanted it. Would it be that big of deal to just continue with this image or take the next one (which my salesman promised me since they screwed up this one)? Oh man, to come soooo far then to hit a hurdle...:mad:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, I think you have every right to be ticked. You have waited a long time for this just to have it botched up. In the end, I don't think it will make much difference time-wise if you wait on the next image. My goodness, I imaged a month ago and I'm sitting idle yet! Many of us are unfortunately. If you really want the slip diff then wait and get it! At this juncture definitely do what makes you happy! What's a little more time in the grand scheme of things? You're still getting your SKY! I guess though, you need to take into consideration you are taking advice from a woman who looks like a screeching banshee as seen in my pretty picture. Perhaps I'm not a credible source! :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Tell your dealer that he has to order an lsd and shop install it. Then he has a regular differential in his stock for the screwup he made. Just a thought my dear lady. After all should not a mechanic be able to do the job. Of course the rear end will have to be realigned then. Skip.. crafty thinking at this late hour...:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Make them order it and install it, it's not that difficult.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boots said:
Well, I think you have every right to be ticked. You have waited a long time for this just to have it botched up. In the end, I don't think it will make much difference time-wise if you wait on the next image. My goodness, I imaged a month ago and I'm sitting idle yet! Many of us are unfortunately. If you really want the slip diff then wait and get it! At this juncture definitely do what makes you happy! What's a little more time in the grand scheme of things? You're still getting your SKY! I guess though, you need to take into consideration you are taking advice from a woman who looks like a screeching banshee as seen in my pretty picture. Perhaps I'm not a credible source! :lol:
LOL, you are confirming exactly what my hubby just told me, so I will wait for the next image, but still makes me angry. Thanks for the confirmation. :thumbs:

·
Registered
246 Posts
agirltrucker said:
LOL, you are confirming exactly what my hubby just told me, so I will wait for the next image, but still makes me angry. Thanks for the confirmation. :thumbs:
Agirltrucker

Listen to what brentil said! Make the dealer order and install one for you. If he genuinely made the mistake, if he didn't put it into the computer, he should make it right.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brentil said:
What if its too late to change the order, I heard that you cannot install it after the car is built? Is this true?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turk said:
Agirltrucker

Listen to what brentil said! Make the dealer order and install one for you. If he genuinely made the mistake, if he didn't put it into the computer, he should make it right.
Will be calling them this am, Thx

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Skip said:
Tell your dealer that he has to order an lsd and shop install it. Then he has a regular differential in his stock for the screwup he made. Just a thought my dear lady. After all should not a mechanic be able to do the job. Of course the rear end will have to be realigned then. Skip.. crafty thinking at this late hour...:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Thx, will give it a try...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carnut said:
I also agree. An upstanding dealer should have no problem providing customer satisfaction.
I hope your right, after all this will be the 3rd car I have bought from this dealer. Just hope I dont start crying when I call... I cant believe how upset I am over this...:cuss:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
brentil said:
They said it is NOT an aftermarket thing...... is that right??????...... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
438 Posts
agirltrucker said:
I hope your right, after all this will be the 3rd car I have bought from this dealer. Just hope I dont start crying when I call... I cant believe how upset I am over this...:cuss:

This is my dumb advice... Don't cry! Be professional on the phone and DEMAND that this problem be fixed by them. Ordering the next image will fix the problem by YOU! They need to step up to the plate and correct their mistake and make the customer happy! If you go in babbling, they will use this to their advantage..you come from a weak stance. Come in professional, state facts, and show their mistakes (and drop a lawyer term or two) and you come from a strong stance. They will fix this!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
agirltrucker said:
What if its too late to change the order, I heard that you cannot install it after the car is built? Is this true?
That's correct, once your order is in you can't change it in the system. But it's just a part on the car in the differential. They can order the part and install it for you. You'll have to pay the cost of the part but they should cover the install cost since they're the ones that goofed.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
SkyBaby said:
They said it is NOT an aftermarket thing...... is that right??????...... SkyBaby-07
It is not an aftermarket thing. You have your dealership order the parts from GM that make up the LSD option and have them install it for you.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Glad to hear there is a solution. I can't wait to see pics of you in your red sky!:cheers:

·
Registered
877 Posts
If they can install the LSD, your good. I know its a big screw up by them but I would keep the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the LSD on your Purchase and Sales? if it is then DEMAND they order one and install it for you or you will contact SATURN direct and complain, :mad: Complaining WILL get you what you want if you complain hard enough:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
And don't let them tell you they have to order a new car! :nono: You don't need to wait all over again! If you have it on your order, and gave them a down payment, they should make it right.:thumbs:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Make them order a new car. A new Diff is not as simple as it sounds. That $195 option doesn't even come close to the labor charge alone of replacing a diff. Expect the LSD itself to run around $800-1000 as a part and about 4 hours minimum labor to install it, and if it is not done correctly you will have noise from the rear, premature wear and possible failure.
Messing around with gears is not amateur work. Plenty of people I know wouldn't think twice about replacing a cam or piston in a motor but would pay someone else to do gears. It's more art than science, really.

edit: I was a little low, it's about $2500 worth of parts not including labor. Told ya!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts