Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I placed a deposit in May for a redline at my dealer in South Burlington Vermont.

My order # is KFCJ30. I called my dealer yesterday enquiring to know where I stand on the event code. They told me I'm still at Event code 1100 "prelimanry order placed/accepted at dealer".

Question: Does this make sense.. shouldnt I now be at least at code 2000 "order accepted by gm", or 1101 "prelimanary order added", 1102 "prelimanary added thru web" at best??

I see people on the board at event "3400". I would think that if Im number one I should at least be higher up on the scale

I dont believe to have any constraints, I ordered an automatic silver graphite model....

Now Im wondering if I'm actually still number one on the dealer list?? Any thoughts or info would be great.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
antonio26mtl said:
Hi all I placed a deposit in May for a redline at my dealer in South Burlington Vermont.

My order # is KFCJ30. I called my dealer yesterday enquiring to know where I stand on the event code. They told me I'm still at Event code 1100 "prelimanry order placed/accepted at dealer".

Question: Does this make sense.. shouldnt I now be at least at code 2000 "order accepted by gm", or 1101 "prelimanary order added", 1102 "prelimanary added thru web" at best??

I see people on the board at event "3400". I would think that if Im number one I should at least be higher up on the scale

I dont believe to have any constraints, I ordered an automatic silver graphite model....

Now Im wondering if I'm actually still number one on the dealer list?? Any thoughts or info would be great.
The people who i speak too who also have rl orders at the dealership im going too at least stand at code 1102. Sorry thats about all the info i have. I thought most would have been 1102 by now. Perhaps somone with a bit more info as to how ordering goes might be able to post on this.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
antonio26mtl said:

Some people could sit at this code and there order not picked up for 6 months or more. So far there has been only 96 Red Lines allocated. 31 the first week 25 the second week and 40 last week. They will be probably be making AROUND 3,000/3500 Red Line from start untill around 6/24/07.

Right now it's just sit back and wait. I'm playing the waiting game with my GXP. There is no big difference between 1100 and 1101 or 1102.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Your prelimary order will sit until your dealer receives an image (allotment) for a R/L, At that time he will match the two up and then submit it into the GM ordering system. Then your event code will change, working towards build.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
hmmmm... at an average of about 35 redlines built per week, could take up to 3 months before a dealer simply gets an RL allotment. That would also only hold true if its 1 RL per dealership....

So if your #1 on a Red Line list at your dealer there are chances that you wont be delivered before November/December????

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
antonio26mtl said:
hmmmm... at an average of about 35 redlines built per week, could take up to 3 months before a dealer simply gets an RL allotment. That would also only hold true if its 1 RL per dealership....

So if your #1 on a Red Line list at your dealer there are chances that you wont be delivered before November/December????
Some of the big dealers could get 4/5 and some really small ones MIGHT NOT get any. You really can't figure out when your dealer will get an allocation.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
The best thing to do is sit tight and follow the weekly constraint reports posted by Sky Spy. See if the allotments increase, a good indication of speed up in production. Ask your dealer if you are Pri01 build, as they are pulled into the system first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
event codes

please help me to understand the event code process. i was at 2000 on 7/20
salesman stated this and ask if there where any changes to my order, i said if the R/L is available, make it a R/L. so my order was changed on 7/22 to R/L.
as I've been checking every week for order progress, he says its still at 2000
and it is still the same order number? does this sound correct?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
cseadoo said:
please help me to understand the event code process. i was at 2000 on 7/20
salesman stated this and ask if there where any changes to my order, i said if the R/L is available, make it a R/L. so my order was changed on 7/22 to R/L.
as I've been checking every week for order progress, he says its still at 2000
and it is still the same order number? does this sound correct?
You will stay at this event code untill they get a Red Line allocated. But if you wanted a base Sky your order might of gone in already. So you have to decide wait for a Red Line or take a base Sky.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey Antonio, are you from MOntreal? Because you have a Mtl in your name?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts