1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:banghead: Sorry to hear it. I hope it doesn't take long to fix. :cuss:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i have over 7000 and i haven't noticed one yet...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
how did you notice it? i have so many oil spots on my driveway from the old corvair I had I wouldn't notice a new one LOL

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A very distinct puddle under the 3rd member. Mine had apparently last night because I checked when I got back from dealer ad there was a small puddle. I happened to glance under Serenity when I was leaving Waffle House and noticed a 6-8 inch puddle, I hoped it was someone else's but I knew it was to fresh to be that. I drove approx 1 mile to dealer, parked on service apron, witihin 2 minutes a 10-12 inch puddle had formed. Backed up so service tech could check, definitley rear end oil. Was dripping small puddles as I moved forward again.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Oh man...sorry to hear this. Was really hoping that GM had resolved this problem since reading that so many of the Sols were plagued with this. I hope yours turns out to be an isolated incident. Are they going to replace just the seals or the entire carrier?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Oh No

I have a recently Divorced friend of mine who changed his Transmission twice before he it found out it wasn’t his car that was leaking.:D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ernest said:
A very distinct puddle under the 3rd member. Mine had apparently last night because I checked when I got back from dealer ad there was a small puddle. I happened to glance under Serenity when I was leaving Waffle House and noticed a 6-8 inch puddle, I hoped it was someone else's but I knew it was to fresh to be that. I drove approx 1 mile to dealer, parked on service apron, witihin 2 minutes a 10-12 inch puddle had formed. Backed up so service tech could check, definitley rear end oil. Was dripping small puddles as I moved forward again.
wow that is a BIG leak.... I hope they get it fixed for you...Fast!
Sorry your car has that problem

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes! Mine is leaking also

Ernest said:
Just wondering if I am the first SKY owner to have this rear seal leak?:banghead:
Yes, I have a leak and first thought I had the same LSD seal leak the Sol owners had, but it wasn't.

Was at the dealer last week (June 1st) to have the "valve" on top of the differential changed, since it was allowing fluid out rather than just air in.

This AM, notice oil AGAIN on my garage floor under the SKY's rear end after driving it to dinner last night. Not as much, but still a fresh leak. Told dealer I would keep an eye and see if it continues. They wiped up all the residue oil so should not be that, plus I drove it 500+ miles over the weekend on a trip.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would watch it real close because mine came on fast. I saw the seal leak while it was up on the lift. My dealer went right for the jugglar vein so to speak. Since our VINN's are so close, makes me wonder if there may have been a bad lot installed. Keep me informed.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Just got back from changing my oil at 1000 miles and no problems. My rear end is not leaking , my rear wheels tant rubbing and my top seals up very nicly. Oh and the SKY is doing fine too. Hehehehe ....Skip....just can't help myself sometimes....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Skip said:
Just got back from changing my oil at 1000 miles and no problems. My rear end is not leaking , my rear wheels tant rubbing and my top seals up very nicly. Oh and the SKY is doing fine too. Hehehehe ....Skip....just can't help myself sometimes....:lol: :lol: :lol:

What would we do without you, Skip?!? :lol:
(or what can we do with you?!?)

Thanks for making my day brighter! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts