Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: To get stopped by the Police in my SKY!!!!:eek: Yes, ,believe it or not, I got stopped Sunday, only 1/2 mile from my house. I was accelerating on a road that turns from residential to rural -you know 30 to 45 - and I'm still getting used to how quickly the Sky moves....there they are.....a local cop car, with two guys who pull me over!!!:brentil: Franky, I think they pulled me over only to look at the car!! The first thing the cop said to me (after license & registration) was "Wow, is this a new car? I haven't seen this model?" and then the famous question...."what is it?". Needless to say, I was a little unnerved -but I co-operated nicely; told both of them (the other guy walked up on the passenger side) that it was BRAND NEW and I was still getting used to the car; besides, I didn't think I was speeding....

Well either they really liked the car, or the fact that my hubby is a local fire officer, because the first guy told me I "cut a break" :nono: and gave me a warning. He said I was going 22 over the speed limit?? I was going 52 - right before the point the speed changes!!! Oh well.... Cest la vie!

So has anyone else joined this distinguished club?? Somehow, 52 in a 30 sounds lame....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Gee..... i havent gotten that lucky YET... hehehehe..... no, but, i have gotten lots of looks from STATE Troopers.... just not enough of a reason to get stopped...it may be because i have a new fangled radar detector.. hmmmm.. maybe SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a history (long) of getting caught speeding but i haven't gotten pulled over yet despite the red paint and the lead foot! have gotten tons of looks though!!!!!!! good thing i have a friend who is a cop. i get a ticket, he gets his fav cheesecake and i get things taken care of!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I dread this part..... :D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I was stopped by an officer (he used his headlights to signal me over and not the lightbar or sirens or anything), but he only wanted to get a better look at the car and ask how I liked it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
spamelaj said:
:confused: To get stopped by the Police in my SKY!!!!:eek: Yes, ,believe it or not, I got stopped Sunday, only 1/2 mile from my house. I was accelerating on a road that turns from residential to rural -you know 30 to 45 - and I'm still getting used to how quickly the Sky moves....there they are.....a local cop car, with two guys who pull me over!!!:brentil: Franky, I think they pulled me over only to look at the car!! The first thing the cop said to me (after license & registration) was "Wow, is this a new car? I haven't seen this model?" and then the famous question...."what is it?". Needless to say, I was a little unnerved -but I co-operated nicely; told both of them (the other guy walked up on the passenger side) that it was BRAND NEW and I was still getting used to the car; besides, I didn't think I was speeding....

Well either they really liked the car, or the fact that my hubby is a local fire officer, because the first guy told me I "cut a break" :nono: and gave me a warning. He said I was going 22 over the speed limit?? I was going 52 - right before the point the speed changes!!! Oh well.... Cest la vie!

So has anyone else joined this distinguished club?? Somehow, 52 in a 30 sounds lame....

You need to get acquainted with "Mister130" over on the Solstice forum

was only given 30 over instead of reckless

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
spamelaj said:
:confused: To get stopped by the Police in my SKY!!!!:eek:

Yes I got nabbed on Friday 14 April on the way back from Louisiana. I alluded to this is a previous post but I had the top down with my son in the car. The officer approached the car looking down at me and asked if I knew why he had pulled me over today. My response was simple because you wanted to get a better look at my new Saturn SKY. While he stated he was enjoying looking at her that was not the reason. He had me doing 80 in a 70. Between the SKY, mine, and my son’s Military ID cards I also received a stern warning. So I am grateful for the officer’s prior service and continued patriotism . :patriot:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Corruption!

cozy said:
i have a history (long) of getting caught speeding but i haven't gotten pulled over yet despite the red paint and the lead foot! have gotten tons of looks though!!!!!!! good thing i have a friend who is a cop. i get a ticket, he gets his fav cheesecake and i get things taken care of!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice, corruption is key eh?:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
i can't afford the points on my record and he loves the cheesecake. seems like a good deal for everyone!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Warnings....gotta love 'em..... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts