Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am starting to get upset!!!:lol: Yeah, starting. Hi, all Newbie here. Been reading on here for couple weeks, but first time posting. I am the first on the list at my dealership, and I haven't ordered yet!:cuss: My dealership took the first image for the showrrom, so now I am waiting for image #2 to come through. Does anyone have any idea when this should happen?! Also, what is the general concensus on the dealer premium a lot of these guys are imposing?! I will pay it up to $2K, but I am afraid it will be higher, and I just won't do it.

What should choice number 2 be for a car?! Solstice doesn't do it for me.

Oh God, I'm gonna pay WAY too much for this car!:willy:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:
Well, I am starting to get upset!!!:lol: Yeah, starting. Hi, all Newbie here. Been reading on here for couple weeks, but first time posting. I am the first on the list at my dealership, and I haven't ordered yet!:cuss: My dealership took the first image for the showrrom, so now I am waiting for image #2 to come through. Does anyone have any idea when this should happen?! Also, what is the general concensus on the dealer premium a lot of these guys are imposing?! I will pay it up to $2K, but I am afraid it will be higher, and I just won't do it.

I would never pay over the sticker price and would never return to a dealer who would tack on for a car. Some dealers are adding on for the Solstice in this area but others are not. By shoping around you can find a good dealer who will sell the car at sticker. If they add on dollars than I would wonder how honest they would be when it comes to serviving the car down the road.Gread,Gread,Gread! By this summer there should be no problem like this and a car will be available some where

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:

We are expecting our 2nd image (maybe a 3rd :eek: ) between tomorrow and Thursday Jan. 19th; if your dealer used the 1st one as a demo then in the next few days you should be able to "order" yours. :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:

I am in the same boat as you, but i got mine in writing that I will not be paying over MSRP....
just waiting for my IMAGE

·
Registered
357 Posts
Automatic Transmission???

Sky Dealer, any word on the auto trans constraint being removed yet? I'm my dealer's first order for the auto; the sales manager has guaranteed it and at MSRP or less. He said once he can place an order for the auto and the image comes through, it's all mine :D :willy: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I am in the same boat as you, but i got mine in writing that I will not be paying over MSRP....
just waiting for my IMAGE
Also # 1, waiting for the second image, and paying MSRP. Maybe images will come out tomorrow and I can finally get some work done during the day! I'm waiting for someone in our MIS department to make a comment...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Well I'm #9 (10 are allocated)... So I am trying to rustle up even more $$ for a down-stroke.... Using the time wisely!:)
Other than that - I am calm, cool and patient.:thumbs: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Me in a few months = :driving:

·
Registered
380 Posts
#1 on my dealers list

My dealer tells me that their second image (mine) will be February 2nd. I am paying MSRP.

·
Registered
274 Posts
skyfan said:
My dealer tells me that their second image (mine) will be February 2nd. I am paying MSRP.
i was suppose to pay msrp too ... bud at last minute the started to add **** that supposely the do on every car that goes out of the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Get MSRP in writing now. There's absolutely no reason to pay over MSRP. Haggle them down if need be or just leave. I'm not wasting thousands of dollars on a car that's main design goal was to be low cost for the every day Joe.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'am getting the first image..They just asked me to leave it there for a couple of weeks...which i said fine..Order number is in, just waiting to get production date..will advise all here when I get it which should be this week or next

·
Registered
22 Posts
No your not the only one. I have even met with a Saturn Rep as he was explaining to Saturn Salesman houw to respond to issues and qustions. But< I have yet heard from the dealership and my salesman. I really dont think they know. In fact, in the meeting I attended they had no idea when my order was going t be received. I was told to expect it in Middle of April to Middle of May. I live in Vancouver, WA.

jimmiej

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Nah, I feel your pain, I'm supposedly number 1 also but despite that I have not placed an order yet either.

There is talk of when the actual car can be delivered as compared to the return of the image and if there is any need to make an immediate response... he (the dealer) doesnt seem to think its that pressing at this time. He is also debating whether he will keep the first car as a demo.

As someone with a special relationship with my dealer -- I do trust him, he does know I want a particular color and options though and seems uncertain of if the first model can be what I want and wants to make sure. Good news is he seems to plan to sell at MSRP.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I found out yesterday that I am #4 on my dealer's list, but two ahead of me requested an automatic. Their first 2 images will be manuals, so that bumps me up to #2. They haven't received their any images yet but told me they are expecting them any day now.
When I sit down with them I will then discuss MRSP, no use in giving them any ideas ahead of time...lol. I really hope they aren't going to increase the price. Since there are only 2 dealerships in Arkansas and they own both of them it makes me wonder.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm #12 on the list, and there are some that want automatics ahead of me how many I haven't asked, but I'm trying to exude patience, I haven't been to the dealer, called,or emailed in a couple of weeks. Of course when its snowing outside or freezing rain it makes the wait seem OK.:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GRinLR said:
Since there are only 2 dealerships in Arkansas and they own both of them it makes me wonder.

Get it in writing NOW my friend!! I was called to my dealership in Broward County, FL yesterday. When I got there they informed me that the premium is $5K on every car!! They own ALL 4 dealerships in this county and are charging this fee at all of them. I have since done some research and found a small dealership elsewhere that is charging MSRP. I will move down on the list to 3rd, but that is OK by me to save the money. If I get it in writing today then they will have my business and I will let all of you know who they are in case you are in same boat as me here in the sticks!!:lol: :banghead:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts