Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to visit my son in North Georgia this weekend. He is going to school in Dahlonega, and we stayed in Blairsville. Well going between the two is one of the FUNEST drives I have ever had in the Sky so far. Over 180 turns in 14 miles. Anyone in the Atlanta area should consider it!

Here is a link to the drive:

http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e....703235,-83.942413&spn=0.399099,0.600128&om=1

I have the performance suppension and it makes this ride AWESOME!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing I should mention, the police were in force driving back so I took it easy and was not in a hurry. Average 70 MPH and had 33 miles per gallon, very happy with that!

·
Registered
223 Posts
North Georgia is awesome. Wait till the leaves are changing and go visit him again! I just moved from there last year, and I'm disappointed I'll be driving my Sky on flat, straight Illinois roads instead of through the twisty foothills of Georgia.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You started a great thread, to go along with it there is a section of road called THE TAIL OF THE DRAGON around the Tenn,NC border, 318 turns in a 11 mile run,we run this in our cobra group and found it to be one of the hardest to drive,mostly motorcycles with at least two crashes daily for those pushing the envelope. The Tenn Valley is great for a weekend of just driving.
Tout

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
North Georgia is awesome. Wait till the leaves are changing and go visit him again! I just moved from there last year, and I'm disappointed I'll be driving my Sky on flat, straight Illinois roads instead of through the twisty foothills of Georgia.
I can give you some twistie roads in IL and deep forest runs too...
Just not long enough but lots of fun!

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I hope my redline is done by spring, We can try and get some of the local Skys together for a starved rock run down by me. That should provide plenty of twisty and up and down type driving :driving::eek:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Rusty & Rick - Yeah when my car is here I'll definitely have to find out from you guys where some good spots are cause all I've seen is cornfields!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Rusty & Rick - Yeah when my car is here I'll definitely have to find out from you guys where some good spots are cause all I've seen is cornfields!
PM is open -- but if you are Google map fan -- check out IL1.... The ride from the South of Chicago through to Watseka IL is wonderful.:cheers:
There is a long stretch where you pace the Illinois Central -- If you are lucky you get to race The City Of New Orleans...:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Oh yeah, I know all the back routes, if you want some fun try route 71 thru the Illinois valley it follows the Illinois river right thru starved rock state park...
lots o fun :driving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts