Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night, at about midnight, I was coming out of the grocery store and as I approached my Sky I was approached by two people with tons and tons of questions. They loved it and we chatted until after 1:00AM!

For those of you who wonder if the car gets attention, wonder no more.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I have come out of Walmart to as many as 17 people standing around the car. The top was down they were looking it at everything, I popped the locks as I was walking up and startled half of them. Then show and tell began so I do understand you situation. :thumbs:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like to pop the trunk with the top up, and when the flaps pop up! Scares the:eek: out of them!:lol:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mitchell said:
I like to pop the trunk with the top up, and when the flaps pop up! Scares the:eek: out of them!:lol:
That's a good one! Of course hitting the panic button on your remote will always give'em a good scare as well.:lol:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I think I'm one up on you guys/gals.... just after I got my car (mid-April), I took my car to this fancy car wash here in Sherman Oaks on Ventura Blvd. My neighborhood draws a lot of celebrities, so I see Ferraris, Lambos, McClarrens, etc. Mercedes' are a dime a dozen from the 230 series to the 600 series... but I'm getting off track here. So anyway, I go to get my car washed one morning and while the guy is drying my car, I decide to walk across the street to grab a cup of coffee at a donut shop. As I'm walking back, there is a mob scene around my car... tons of people. As I approach, there's this guy totally talking about the car, except, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Making up the hp and all this. So, I just stand there listening and finally step in and say, so... do you like the car? And one lady says, "yeah, is it yours?"... I said yes and blew the dudes cover. It was hilarious. People are funny. It was my first experience of the "aww factor" the car has, but it was also very flattering.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Northern part of L.A., not a big deal, no attention at all.
Never seen anyone checking it at a parking lot and never asked about it.
I like it that way. I get to enjoy the car without the hassle.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
jarcher said:
The other night, at about midnight, I was coming out of the grocery store and as I approached my Sky I was approached by two people with tons and tons of questions. They loved it and we chatted until after 1:00AM!

For those of you who wonder if the car gets attention, wonder no more.
yeah I noticed that , if you go to the grocery store don't buy anything that need to be put in the fridge or freezer soon... especially ice cream....YUK

·
Registered
130 Posts
With such a hot car, I bet it will happen quite frequently. Sadly, the turn off is normally people who do stare and admire cars are those who are clueless about them or are just those who dont really care except for the nice looking ones. The downfall to all this, I found was when I was sporting my original Hyundai badges with my Tiburon .. people would look at it and go "Oh wow, thats a hot car..what kind of car is that? It must be exotic" then look at the emblem and go "Oh, its a Hyundai" ... I'm not saying this always happens or ever will happen to you but people think just because its a car company that doesn't make expensive hot cars on their full lineup that they actually become turned off by it. It's a sad sad thing.

For those though who appretiate it for what it is though are those who I love which I get all the time. I've had people in Ferrari's and other expensive cars (Porshe's, Acura NSX's, Lotus..etc) actually praise my car. Heck though, if I was sitting next to a SKY.. I would be slobbering everywhere. :lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
GeneralPatton said:
With such a hot car, I bet it will happen quite frequently. Sadly, the turn off is normally people who do stare and admire cars are those who are clueless about them or are just those who dont really care except for the nice looking ones. The downfall to all this, I found was when I was sporting my original Hyundai badges with my Tiburon .. people would look at it and go "Oh wow, thats a hot car..what kind of car is that? It must be exotic" then look at the emblem and go "Oh, its a Hyundai" ... I'm not saying this always happens or ever will happen to you but people think just because its a car company that doesn't make expensive hot cars on their full lineup that they actually become turned off by it. It's a sad sad thing.

For those though who appretiate it for what it is though are those who I love which I get all the time. I've had people in Ferrari's and other expensive cars (Porshe's, Acura NSX's, Lotus..etc) actually praise my car. Heck though, if I was sitting next to a SKY.. I would be slobbering everywhere. :lol:
:cheers:
I go along with what you say. So many people can't believe the SKY is a Saturn -- and when some find out it does seem to be a turn off. Saturn has to fight a past that is really not their making. I have owned Saturn SC2's since 1994 -- and can say I think they (the SC2) are the most under rated Sport Coupe marketed. It is a shame. Now as I drive my SKY I feel so many of the characteristics of the SC2 that while the body may non-SKY-like the handling and performance of the SC2 manages to come out in its grandchild.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It is such a stunning car, I can't believe anyone would even be able to see the Saturn logo. They should be blinded by it's beauty!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was driving the sky demo from the dealership, yellow by the way, and was pulled over by the police. :confused: I had done nothing wrong, he just wanted to see the car! What seems to be the problem officer? Nothing, do you have a few minutes? I just want to see the car!! It does bring attention. In this case, good. I just hope it doesn't bring the people that are jealous because you have a nice car. You know the type of attention-that gets it scratched or keyed:eek: .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts