Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how American made our Skys are:patriot: It's an American company:patriot: It's assembled in America:patriot:
Wonder what percent of the parts are produced here:confused:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
RedSky2night said:
Just wondering how American made our Skys are:patriot: It's an American company:patriot: It's assembled in America:patriot:
Wonder what percent of the parts are produced here:confused:
I think the sticker on my car said 60%
engine American(made in the saturn plant in spring hill, tn), transmission Japaneese

·
Registered
745 Posts
Its a world economy buddy

I think if cars were dogs there would be very few that had papers.

All cars are mutts now, but I like my mutt with a American name.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
This is from my comsumer information sticker. It's in all caps on the sticker so don't think I'm yelling at you.

PARTS CONTENT INFORMATION
FOR VEHICLES IN THIS CARLINE:
U.S./CANADIAN PARTS CONTENT: 66%
NOTE: PARTS CONTENT DOES NOT INCLUDE FINAL ASSEMBLY, DISTRIBUTION, OR OTHER NON-PARTS COST.

FOR THIS VEHICLE:
FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT: WILMINGTON, DE USA
COUNTRY OF ORGIN:
ENGINE: UNITED STATES
TRANSMISSION: JAPAN

·
Registered
18,031 Posts
I saw in another thread that transmission was made in France...which is true?

That thread came from the one that describes the problem with water getting into the seals of the transmission on the automatics...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
marlboromike said:
I saw in another thread that transmission was made in France...which is true?

That thread came from the one that describes the problem with water getting into the seals of the transmission on the automatics...
Could be. My trans is the 5 speed stick.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The GM at my dealer said the Saturn Sky has parts and components from 34 countries in it...
Truely a world-class car:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Hmmm... i think if you would get ALL THE DETAILS from all cars made, you would be SURPRISED where some of the parts come from...... a real HEINZ 57... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
When it comes to cars, the international lines are blurred. Hell, Japense cars are made in American, some American cars are made elsewhere and every car has parts from clear around the world!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
How true, even the Harley Davidson has a high number of parts and components from other countries, to include :eek: Japan:eek: . :lol: You want to p!$$ off a Harley guy, just point that out to him! :lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
GaryH said:
This is from my comsumer information sticker. It's in all caps on the sticker so don't think I'm yelling at you.

PARTS CONTENT INFORMATION
FOR VEHICLES IN THIS CARLINE:
U.S./CANADIAN PARTS CONTENT: 66%
NOTE: PARTS CONTENT DOES NOT INCLUDE FINAL ASSEMBLY, DISTRIBUTION, OR OTHER NON-PARTS COST.

FOR THIS VEHICLE:
FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT: WILMINGTON, DE USA
COUNTRY OF ORGIN:
ENGINE: UNITED STATES
TRANSMISSION: JAPAN
i thought i remembered it was something like 60 or 66%... thanks...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I know that some of the steering wheel parts come from Hungary, who would thought ;)

The Audi TT is assembled in Hungary, a town called Gyo''r.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
TexSon said:
How true, even the Harley Davidson has a high number of parts and components from other countries, to include :eek: Japan:eek: . :lol: You want to p!$$ off a Harley guy, just point that out to him! :lol:
yeah the Vue has a Honda engine, the Equinox has an engine made in China... Sickening isn't it...and most of it because we cannot compete with their wage and tax structures in those other countries and all the govenment regulations in this country on enviromental protection, worker safety, compensations, healthcare, not to mention the tarriffs they put on our goods coming into their country providing another unfair trade balance issue... I could go on and on...., but that is all another thread...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Honda Accords are built in Ohio. Mercedes and Hyundai have plants in Alabama and Nissan pickups are built in Mississippi.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As long as it doesn't say "Made in China" we're okay ... :rolleyes:

I always try to avoid "Made in China" crap (not always easy though ... ) :mad:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
GaryH said:
Honda Accords are built in Ohio. Mercedes and Hyundai have plants in Alabama and Nissan pickups are built in Mississippi.
they are assembled there, most of the parts still come form overseas....those do not account for 10% of good old american jobs in the auto industry....no matter what they try to tell you...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
EldoGuy said:
As long as it doesn't say "Made in China" we're okay ... :rolleyes:

I always try to avoid "Made in China" crap (not always easy though ... ) :mad:
thats what people used to say about anything made in Japan..... and now look....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The higher the percent the better

Thanks for the input all:thumbs: I very much like the thought that I'm getting a car that looks great and runs pretty sweet too that is an American company and evidently a lot of the parts and assembly are done here.:patriot: I avoid the foreign owned / made vehicles (I don't care how good they test how far they go on a gallon or how good they look or last) :patriot:
Good job GM:thumbs: I wish it burned E-85 (another great home grown prouct):nopity:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts