Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was some story writing going on in another thread on this forum and it got me to feel the need to do something creative so i wrote a little 5 minute poem about the sky. ignore the punctuation and the off-beat on some of the lines, i havent done poetry in a long time and its a quick little ditty i just thought up.

An Ode to the Driven sky

An ode to teh driven sky
where engines roar and tires fly
a whirl of color, a look of grace
shapes which cause a quickening pace

a brand new car, of a curious make
a euro design with an american take
demand too high, supply too low
GM now sees how this could grow

for sleek in form and bright in shine
and a low cost start is very fine
now buyers prance eagerly about
wishing, hoping, becoming devout

seats of leather, tires of chrome
a tight space, little room to roam
a good thing though, i should confess
for quick on turns, this car's no jest

a brand new image to bring rebirth
to an old name with too much girth
many will want of saturn's new toy
its arrival now a sense of joy

for though its new and problems abound
this car will never a match be found
so take the reins and give out a cry
begin your journey on the driven sky

not my best work, but i hope that brings a smile to the faces of some of y'all waiting for your cars still. there, now that i got the creative juices burned up, i can go back to looking at pictures of the car, hah hah. :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
:cheers: that was so cool, good job!!
T

·
Registered
107 Posts
A frivolous car, don't we know,
That gave us such lust at the Show,
At least I know I
Am getting my SKY
As soon as it gets off oh-three-oh

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Good goin' ERB:thumbs:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skyepilot said:
i had a thread for poetry to the sky, it was removed. why are you allowed to write poetry and i am not?:confused:
well i guess it would depend on the contents of your poetry. its not against the rules to post up here but if it offended a few poeple or was part of a trolling post then i could see why poetry would get yanked. i would assume that if people reacted badly to my post, it would get yanked to. but i cant comment much since i'm not the one who yanked your post and i dont know why it was.

That said, thanks everyone for your kind words. i haven't written anything with rhyme in it (its the only form of poetry i like) in years so its more rusty then i used to be. i found in highschool that poetry wont get you a girlfreind but it will certainly get you places with her once you've got one :lol: but that was a long time ago so my skills have waned significantly.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Erb said:
well i guess it would depend on the contents of your poetry. its not against the rules to post up here but if it offended a few poeple or was part of a trolling post then i could see why poetry would get yanked. i would assume that if people reacted badly to my post, it would get yanked to. but i cant comment much since i'm not the one who yanked your post and i dont know why it was.

That said, thanks everyone for your kind words. i haven't written anything with rhyme in it (its the only form of poetry i like) in years so its more rusty then i used to be. i found in highschool that poetry wont get you a girlfreind but it will certainly get you places with her once you've got one :lol: but that was a long time ago so my skills have waned significantly.
:D Our posts probably crossed in the mail.... her poetry wasn't yanked, just moved to a different section of the forum. I'm sure she will find it! :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts