Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was told on March 4th after lots of complaing that I was next to order and they they will have an image for me in a couple of weeks. Well its March 31st so, abvioulsy a little more then a couple of weeks. I email the dealer to see what was happening with my image, he told me that their policy has shifted yet again and that they might be doing a lottery for the imige. WHAT THE HELL!!! :mad: I have been waiting since Auguest 13th 2005 and some guy that came in yesterday has the same chance of getting a SKY as me?! This is totaly and utter bull crap. I wish I would have gone with another dealer and I would have my car by now. The regional manger is supposed to call me later today and boy is he going to get an earful. I'll keep you all updated but it lookes like I might be the longest waiting person for a SKY in the country.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That is total crap! At least I knew my local dealers were going to be random from the start, that's why I went 70 miles away (actually I went to dealers in 2 distant cities and got on both lists).

It still may not be too late for you, there must be several dealers in your area. I jumped up from 9 to an image with the delays in red leather and automatic trannys. Those look to be resolved for now, but other shortages or delays could come along and if you got on another dealer's list you might just jump to the top sooner than you think.

I hope you can resolve this with the General Manager, it is totally wrong to change the rules at this late date, but I'd call other dealers this afternoon and determine their method.

Good luck, with all the jubilation for some people here today your story really blows.:mad:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm on other dealers lists but I am still pretty far down and they look like they have weeded out most of the not serious people and such. It just sucks knowing i would have had my car by now had i gone with another dealer.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
What is it with California dealers? Are they hitting the wacky tobacco or what? Please inform this ol country boy what they think in California. Skip...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I think you should hedge your bet with another dealer. I also think you should let Skips cat have a go at him. That really suxs. Sorry to hear about that.

It's like I've been saying all along the Saturn dealers have never had a car like this before and just don't know how to deal with it. Saturn's marketing people have dropped the ball all the way along as well. The market the car like it's a grocery getter. They've kept everything hush hush so that they can get product into the dealerships. When people see the advertizing they can walk into a dealer and see/order one. Won't they be pissed off when they find out there is a waiting list and a lot of the model year is sold out.

Saturn should have handled it all much better. We shouldn't have the MSRP problem and they should have dealt with the waiting list much better. Either those willing to put money down get onto a list or no sales no waiting list until launch day. Then everyone gets a fair shake.

Your dealer should be getting you a car. If I were you I'd be very insistant and like I said above I'd be getting onto another dealers list.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ruledawg said:
Yeah I'm on other dealers lists but I am still pretty far down and they look like they have weeded out most of the not serious people and such. It just sucks knowing i would have had my car by now had i gone with another dealer.
You wouldn't have gotten your Sky yet as no one here on the west coast have gotten their Skys except dealer demos.

May I will get mine next week though. Hopeing anyway.:lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Roseville CA got theirs. Offering it at 33 thous :eek: and some change - expect to sell it today. Oh, and lucky buyer must leave it on display for a couple of weeks before taking it home. Anyone in area can go see it - on display @ 5 PM today (31st). Hear it is a silver graphite manual. Lots 'o dealer add ons to MSPR base price includes fancy chrome wheels.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Skip said:
What is it with California dealers? Are they hitting the wacky tobacco or what? Please inform this ol country boy what they think in California. Skip...
Darned Dealers are running around like ants on a booger, you would think they found the "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow"..Take a look at their eyes...all have green $ $ and a blank far out stare. The know they can sell their total allotment for more than MSRP so they are adding all of the dealer extras they can. Those who have promised MSRP are keeping their promises alright, but adding everything (including the kitchen sink). I think the Southern California delivery hold up is self imposed until they figure a way to really hold us up!....Yeah, baby (I know your out there) Daddy is coming!

·
Registered
182 Posts
SkyHope said:
R Offering it at 33 thous :eek:
Wow. $33K AND you have to leave it on display for the dealer's convenience? sumbi*ch. :confused:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I guess the no haggle policy and the consumer friendly attitude and marketing point of reference, all of which I have experienced in Georgia, was too much to handle at some dealers.

·
Registered
314 Posts
VUETH1S said:
Wow. $33K AND you have to leave it on display for the dealer's convenience? sumbi*ch. :confused:
Just got back - absolute knock-out in silver graphite. :drool:

Oh, my mistake on the price. It is $36 not $33 as I thought I heard. A full ten grand of dealer enhancements. Appears to still be available for first taker.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SkyHope said:
Just got back - absolute knock-out in silver graphite. :drool:

Oh, my mistake on the price. It is $36 not $33 as I thought I heard. A full ten grand of dealer enhancements. Appears to still be available for first taker.
I hope it sits in the show room until it has more rust than titanic!:smash:

I also hope Saturn pulls there Franchise!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Just shows you what greed can do to a dealership that thinks money is everything. Skip...:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
182 Posts
SkyHope said:
absolute knock-out in silver graphite. :drool:
It is $36 not $33 as I thought I heard. A full ten grand of dealer enhancements. Appears to still be available for first taker.
TEN THOUSAND $$ ADD ONS. wow, but it's California, someone will buy it. hope the prospective SKY customers around there all take their business elsewhere. that is obscene.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
richmcc said:

:agree:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
mglindo said:
You wouldn't have gotten your Sky yet as no one here on the west coast have gotten their Skys except dealer demos.

May I will get mine next week though. Hopeing anyway.:lol:
Im not sure what dealer your going thru, but my Aunt's Saturn dealer in Northern Cal has already sold one.

·
Registered
314 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Im not sure what dealer your going thru, but my Aunt's Saturn dealer in Northern Cal has already sold one.
Roseville's dealer enhanced gem is a manual (they got it yesterday afternoon, added 10 thous in upgrades & had it on the floor by 5:30). My dealer is nearby, in Elk Grove, their automatic is still not in. Wonder if N Cal dealers who've gotten their first Sky are all manual?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
SkyHope said:
Roseville's dealer enhanced gem is a manual (they got it yesterday afternoon, added 10 thous in upgrades & had it on the floor by 5:30). My dealer is nearby, in Elk Grove, their automatic is still not in. Wonder if N Cal dealers who've gotten their first Sky are all manual?
Good question, not sure either. Ya know my Aunt (gotta love her) doenst get all the good scoop. :lol: I'll pump her for more info, but not sure she will remember. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
richmcc said:

YIKES.....:agree: that is NUTS..... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 21 Posts