Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash lights were intermittent last week. Sometimes they would not come on. If I switched the auto lights from on to off once or twice they would come back on but not repeatable.

Anyway I thought I would look at the dimmer switch.

What I found interesting was the dash lights will work with the dimmer switched disconnected. This tells me it must go to some type of lighting control module.

Also with the dimmer disconnected the radio display would rapidly flash off and on along with the DIC flashing off and on.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or a schematic ???

Thanks, Larry

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
The dash light power is a Pulse-width modulated supply from the BCM (in other words it switches on and off, and the ratio of on to off varies to adjust the light level). The Dimmer switch is just a variable resistor that's an input into the BCM to tell it what level is requested.

You may just have a loose connection somewhere. Start with the supply point, which is the BCM connector C4. Unfortunately that's the one BEHIND the BCM in the footwell.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TS, thank you for the reply. That is where I will start looking.

I guess it is safe to rule out the photocell as the headlights work fine in the auto mode.

Does the output from the BCM go directly to the dash lights ???

Thanks for your help, Larry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm looking for the complete electrical diagram for this car. Do you know where can I find it? . Mine is an Opel, but...nearly the same .

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm looking for the complete electrical diagram for this car. Do you know where can I find it? . Mine is an Opel, but...nearly the same .
Create an account for an 08/09 Sky on Autozone (.com) in the maintenance section. Go to Electrical and you can find the wiring diagrams there and copy. It's quite a job to find the right pages, but doable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts