Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have 5,000 miles on our Sky, its a very early build and I had a list of about 12 issues that I wanted to be checked out. I drive into the dealership this morning to drop it off, theres only one guy working the service counter and luckily I'm the only one there hoping it would give us time to go over the issues. He looks at me and says, "name, number, model and color." No, Hi how are you? What can I help you with today? Then he can't even spell Sky on the sheet, "Ski" anyone? He then sticks his hand out for my list of issues, doesn't even look at it and attaches it to the writeup sheet and says, "We'll call you when its done." I ask him to go over the issues with me since he didn't even look at it, tried to mention about the tsb on the wheel well liners (one of the items on my list). He refused and just said we'll call you.

Argh, if Saturn really wants to take the brand upclass as GM is targeting they have a lot of work to do with their dealers to start treating the customers better. I might be able to understand if they were busy, but there was no one else in the entire service department. Hopefully things get better when I pick it up, whenever that may be.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
yes, bring it to a higher level. This isn't a Saturn issue, but a Dealership issue. No one should treat their customers like they did, and they probably wouldn't listen to customer feedback. HOWEVER, I'm sure they'd listen to a nice call from corporate.

Talk to the right people, and things will get done. In the meantime, If you can take your sky to another saturn or GM dealership. You're not just limited to the one where you bought your car, any dealership will service your Sky.

Hope everything works for you. Let us know what happens.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Better yet, if you take the time--(this always works) Write a complaint letter to the dealers owner--You could also copy the same letter to the service manager! When I go in at my dealer, no matter how busy they are first thing out of their mouth is "Hey man good morning how are you" and with these guys it is genuine--I have 2 service advisers I use at my dealer, always one or the other or both are on duty. When someone else other than my 2 approaches me I firmly say I'll wait for so & so if they are busy, thanks--I suggest you find a different service adviser or even a different dealer if a good one is not there. If I was greeted the way you were, I would of told the dude to get away from my car and ask to speak to another adviser, if none availiable, his boss or the service manager--Unbelievable what this useless dude method of greeting you, a customer.:nono: :nono: I would not stand for it and make certain that "I make his day!!"

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
WOW ...sorry to hear that...:rolleyes:

I just dropped my SKY at the Saturn Dealership in Roswell Georgia...:)

I am also an early build and we have 4000 miles on it. I am getting some new taillights (a little moisture in them) and a missing piece of plastic trim and an adjustment on the plastic behind the drivers pull handle.

My experience was just the opposite of yours. Tony the service advisor took the time to look over each item. He scheduled me for a “free” oil change and reminded me that loaner cars were available for service work.

Another service advisor admonished me for allowing my SKY to show a little grime and promised that it would be sparkling when I picked it up.

Maybe you need to find a dealer that really wants your business....:thumbs:

We should compare results after we pick them up…

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Anybody can do warranty work. Is there another Saturn dealer in town?

I wasn't happy with one of the service people at my dealership either. I am guessing that others weren't either, because now there is a new guy in charge, and he is GREAT!

I am REALLY impressed with the quality of people at Saturn compared to other dealerships. Last week, I brought my wife's Toyota into her dealership for some work, and was very displeased with how they dealt with me. We have a bunch of Solstice owners in our club, and there must be more than a dozen Pontiac dealers in this metro area, so all I hear all day long is how awful some of their service experiences have been. We have four Saturn dealerships, and by comparison, I think that at least three of them are top notch in the service department (and lately, I have been suggesting to some of the Solstice owners to take their car to a Saturn dealer for oil changes, etc).

Unfortunately, sometimes a Saturn dealer makes a bad hiring decision, and then they try to invest time and energy into retraining, but it often doesn't stick. In the end, you can't train an "attitude." But most employers don't toss people at the first sign of a problem, so it sometimes takes awhile for them to fix the problem. Most importantly, the problems can't be fixed at all without specific feedback from customers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds to me like that service guy needs a "tune-up". I also recommend a letter, as written words are heeded more than a verbal complaint and can be put in a personnel file easier.

The guys in my dealership have been great. They all want to come pick my car up for me for maintenance (So they can drive it). I run it in mainly cuz I live 1 mile from the dealership.

Good Luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually just brought the car down to Virginia where I live and this was the closest dealership to me. (I bought it in Michigan for a couple reasons) The sales teams of course treated me well when I was interested in the car (of course) but the Service Department leaves little to be desired.

I'm going to wait until I get the car back and get the whole experience documented before I start raising flags.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Sounds like a dealer issue. I dropped mine off yesterday and they were courteous and had no problem when I asked a tech to ride with me so I could show them what it was doing. Go to the deal GM and and not, raise it to the regional manager. Good customer service keeps folks coming back and trust me, they want folks to come back.:thumbs:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Better yet, if you take the time--(this always works) Write a complaint letter to the dealers owner--You could also copy the same letter to the service manager! When I go in at my dealer, no matter how busy they are first thing out of their mouth is "Hey man good morning how are you" and with these guys it is genuine--I have 2 service advisers I use at my dealer, always one or the other or both are on duty. When someone else other than my 2 approaches me I firmly say I'll wait for so & so if they are busy, thanks--I suggest you find a different service adviser or even a different dealer if a good one is not there. If I was greeted the way you were, I would of told the dude to get away from my car and ask to speak to another adviser, if none availiable, his boss or the service manager--Unbelievable what this useless dude method of greeting you, a customer.:nono: :nono: I would not stand for it and make certain that "I make his day!!"
:agree: :agree: :agree: There is NO excuse for bad customer service. You need to talk to someone over his head or write a letter. Besides, it is therapeutic to take action when you are wronged! :mad: Just MHO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts