Saturn Skyline Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry for awaking this old thread, but I'm trying to find the exact same rattle/noise that was described in the title.

My noise sounds like two hard plastic pieces rattling together. The noise is coming from right behind my right ear. The noise only occurs when the top is up, when the top is down, no noise. I've look through and found a loose cable and secured it but that did not stop the noise. Also if i press hard backwards against the seat, the noise will quiet or stop temporarily.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think I may have found it. Starting search for cup holder rattle on Solstice site and found reference to the large black plastic piece behind the seat. I think it is the plastic piece vibrating against a screw. I put fabric tape between them to see if there was any change. Can hardly hear it now, must be where it is. I'll try some felt to close it down completely.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I think I may have found it. Starting search for cup holder rattle on Solstice site and found reference to the large black plastic piece behind the seat. I think it is the plastic piece vibrating against a screw. I put fabric tape between them to see if there was any change. Can hardly hear it now, must be where it is. I'll try some felt to close it down completely.
Pictures of exact location would help others here. Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
If the noise is occurring with the top down, then: Check the "saddles" that the alignment pins at the front edge of the top set into, when in the down position. Typically, this will be more of a squeak than a rattle. The OEM felt liner on the saddles wears out and there you go. Replace with self adhesive silicone tape.

If a rattle with the top up: Check the Tulip Panel behind the seats. With the top in the up position, a bar from the top mechanism rests against the edge of the Tulip Panel. The bar is wrapped with an OEM plastic tape. The tape wears out, and then the Tulip Panel will rattle against the bar. Replace the tape with self adhesive silicone tape, problem solved. (if it has been rattling for a while, it may have chipped the edge of the tulip panel as well)

Old thread but this absolutely worked for me! Five years tracking this down and this was it! Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
On mine it was the seat belt guides. Rattled like crazy. A little silicone quieted them up good.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts