Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, I've been in the hunt for a new car.

Looks like I've found it. I looked everywhere and I've fallen in love with the look of this car, inside and out. Hopin to pick one up in 2006 (got some credit issues to iron out first though).

Anyways, just making my presence known. Never in my life would I have thought, "hey... I want that saturn!" :D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Yeah I have to agree. Probably a lot of people feel the same way too except most of your die hard Saturn fans (suprisingly to me they actually exist :D). This will be the first Saturn a lot of people will have ever lusted over owning, or even thought of owning. GM's got a halo car on their hands, and they're hoping to revive Pontiac with the Solstice, and help bring the new upscale face to Saturn with the Sky.

Any particular reasons you like the Sky over the Solstice? It's always interesting to see what attracts people to one car over the other.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
swatthefly said:
sky/sol maybe? :D
I have no idea what you're talking about. My edited post in no way resembles your quoted one. :D

hehehe thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brentil said:
Any particular reasons you like the Sky over the Solstice? It's always interesting to see what attracts people to one car over the other.
I like the edgy look better... it's very progressive in it's design. It's a step forward, but not a leap way far into the future.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello :cheers: ,

Noob here. Instead of starting my own thread, I'll just jump on this one. Title is appropriate. I'll be looking for a new car soon, and Sky is one of my options. So, I'll start my research here and thus will introduce myself.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Also new here! I made my presence known in another thread though.

I am a big-time car enthusiast. My only problem (besides a lack of money) is that I don't possess "mechanical" skills. I've wanted an older GM vehicle for some time now, but not having the time, money, or skills to restore one has left me to find a toy already done. But then I'm one of those people that would never drive it for fear of it getting damaged.

January of 2002 the Solstice was introduced and I fell in love right away. What better toy than a BRAND NEW car? It's sporty and looks fun to drive AND it's a convertible.. what else could one ask for!?!? Once porduction was announced, I slowly started to save for a down payment. I couldn't wait for the Solstice to come along. It was going to be my toy.

Then January of 2005 comes around and I see pictures of the SKY at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The Solstice becomes a mere memory at this point, as I find the SKY's crisp styling more to my liking than the rounded jellybean look of the Solstice. Seeing it in person for the first time and then being allowed to sit in it at the Philly Auto Show at the beginning of February sealed the deal - I knew right from there I was going to get a SKY.

And that's my story... I've been intent on purchasing a Kappa-based vehicle since they were first introduced back in '02. And while I have always liked Saturn vehicles since they were introduced in 1990 (yes, I see I'm one of the few Saturn enthusiasts out there), it's nice to know Saturn has a winner on their hands! I'm a high school teacher and the background of my computer screen is a picture of the SKY. My students would say "what kind of car is that?", and when I told them, they didn't believe it was a Saturn :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi - I'm another new guy. I'm 48 and have driven several ragtops, from a MG Miget in college to a Miata and Z-3 during the last decade.

I loved the looks of the Sol from day one and put down a deposit on one several months ago when I hoped to get one mid summer (I live in New England so that is key). Once it became obvious that it would be Sept / Oct at best, I focused on the Sky and luckily put down the first deposit at a local Saturn dealer. Hoping that a time-frame of March - June 06 happens.

I have never owned or even considered a Pontiac or Saturn but am very excited about the Sky now. The only thing I like less about the Sol process is that I will not be able to order a color / options. When the dealers first shipment comes in (they said it may be 1 - 3 cars) I have 48 hours to pick one or I get my $1,000 deposit back and am off the list. The options shouldn't be a problem since it comes better equipped than the Sol, but I would be pretty unhappy if they get 1 car and it is the yellow or green one that is in the calendar.

Good luck to all of you in getting your choices.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey.. I like the yella..

But I'm hoping for the black with a tan/leather interior if it is offered.. other wise.. I'l take anything I can get so long as it is loaded. :)

Sky_vue

·
Registered
357 Posts
Here's the picture of me sitting inside of the SKY at the 2005 Philadelphia International Auto Show:

[/IMG]

This is the showcar that has the "GM Design Center" logo on the fender; in March at the New York Auto Show I saw the other SKY showcar that has the little silver "GM" badge on the fender and no GM Design Center logo.

·
Registered
242 Posts
new, 2

xENo said:
Welp, I've been in the hunt for a new car.

Looks like I've found it. I looked everywhere and I've fallen in love with the look of this car, inside and out. Hopin to pick one up in 2006 (got some credit issues to iron out first though).

Anyways, just making my presence known. Never in my life would I have thought, "hey... I want that saturn!" :D
New here myself. A toast to you, xENO :cheers: just went and bought the wifey the 2006 "ION". i like it very much...Then the salesman showed me the brochure for the "SKY". I am hooked. If all works out like I want it to, I will be driving the first on off of their showroom floor. I have gotten a lot of insight from the guys here and i want to thank you all, very much. I have never owned a roadster of any kind so the anticipation is killing me. hopefully we will see each other in passing, and, maybe swap a story or two. great site and great threads. thank you all. :cheers:

SKY_LINE

·
Registered
242 Posts
GMguy74 said:
Here's the picture of me sitting inside of the SKY at the 2005 Philadelphia International Auto Show:

[/IMG]

This is the showcar that has the "GM Design Center" logo on the fender; in March at the New York Auto Show I saw the other SKY showcar that has the little silver "GM" badge on the fender and no GM Design Center logo.
just the one that i want. looks great!

good luck to you all

·
Registered
242 Posts
GMguy74 said:

[/IMG]

GM, very curious as to the room in there. I am 6'0' and i just want to know that there is enough room to be comfy

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well, I'm 5'8" and roughly 220 pounds... and as you can see by the smile on my face in that picture that I was more than comfortable :lol: I also just sat in a production Solistice on June 25th and that confirmed I could get very comfortable in the Kappa cars. I too have never owned a roadster, let alone a convertible. So I'm really excited about the SKY's arrivial!

·
Registered
242 Posts
GMguy74 said:

[/IMG]

can you tell me anything about the rag top...i.e., is it automatic and how much trunk space it has. i keep hearing conflicting stories about the top.

thanx,
sky_line

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey sky_line... you can check the FAQ's for answers for many questions you may have, but the top is cloth/fabric with a glass window and is manually operated. Trunk space is at a minimum, although pictures have been shown of Solstice's with a full golf bag (top up or down) and a small golf bag in addition when the top is down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm new here too so I'll jump on the noob bandwagon. The Sky is the first car I've been really excited about in a while. I've actually always wanted a Hyundai Tiburon since they first came out. Almost got one several years ago but they didn't give me a good enough deal. Lately my interest in the Tiburon has faded. I haven't liked the direction they've been going with the styling. Then I saw the Sky. Now THAT is style!! But speaking of the Tiburon, don't know if it's been brought up here since I haven't gone through all the posts, but has anyone seen the Tiburon CCS concept? It's a hardtop. Rumor is it will go into production. But I think I'd rather have the Sky.

·
Registered
4 Posts
brentil said:
Probably a lot of people feel the same way too except most of your die hard Saturn fans (suprisingly to me they actually exist :D)
Read my sig ;)
~D.J.~

1 - 18 of 18 Posts