Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, I've bought my ticket and boarded the roller coaster. Put down the deposit yesterday on my Sky. Salesman said three to six months wait. I asked him about the codes I read about in the forum and he said he wasn't aware of such a thing. I'll do the search so I can pass the info to him and hopefully get on track. More to come.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome aboard from Minnesota!

Now start about 50 hobbies to take your mind off the wait..........:cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Welcome and GL.......... finding ANYTHING to get your mind of the ... waiting..SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Welcome, its like that song," Nobody knows the trouble I seen......., but in this case weeeee know.....:willy:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got too many hobbies now, or should I say too many irons in the fire. My latest time consumer is this doggon forum, I love it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sit back and enjoy the ride.....:driving:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Skystar said:
Got too many hobbies now, or should I say too many irons in the fire. My latest time consumer is this doggon forum, I love it.
Oh, boy, you're really in trouble now...you'll wake up in the middle of the night and have to post...or just read the latest joke... :D

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Don't let it drive you around the bend like I have. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Skystar said:
OK folks, I've bought my ticket and boarded the roller coaster. Put down the deposit yesterday on my Sky. Salesman said three to six months wait. I asked him about the codes I read about in the forum and he said he wasn't aware of such a thing. I'll do the search so I can pass the info to him and hopefully get on track. More to come.

Welcome to the 'madness'...:D :cheers: But I would like to comment on one thing here...and that is how it never ceases to amaze me just how little Saturn salesreps really know about the ordering process. With the exception of a few salesreps that frequent this forum, I cannot tell you how many times I've read posts from people on this forum, in regards to asking their salesrep about their "order status code"...only to get a blank stare followed by a "I'm not aware of any codes"...:confused: :rolleyes: Why is this? Is it that Saturn Corp. only wants the 'higher ups' to know this information...or is it up to the individual salesreps to learn the process and codes on their own? Maybe if ALL Saturn salesreps logged onto this forum, they could educate themselves on the ordering process...at the very least, they would know as much as we do. :thumbs:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome and ....hehehehehe welcome:banghead: . I too agree with the derth of knowledge in the Dealership. My "Rep' had no clue as to the information on the ordering process and the code numbers......the FORUM had it.
This is the place and the only place to go........folks are burning the midnight oil a'waiting on their SKY's and there are many :grouphug: knowledegable :) folks here on various subjects.....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks ALL for the welcome. Actually I started several weeks ago getting up at night to read posts and droooool over your Skys, Skies?, cars. I just E-mailed my salesrep with what little info I've learned on the event codes. We'll see what happens now.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I phoned my sells rep today and he seems to fit the saying ... "the lights are on but no one is at home" :lol:

I swear he is a nice guy but :willy: running in circles.

The more questions I ask the more glazed over his voice gets. Order number? Anything? :mad:
Well one good thing, if all went smooth and I had my SKY RL ... I and most of you would not have met. So the siver lining is misery likes company :cheers: !

·
Registered
122 Posts
well, let me throw my 2 + 1/8 cents in here:

first of all, sales reps do not (and should not) really have access to dealerworld; that is the job of the managers (but there are exceptions, like myself, ....but each manager gets their own unique name/password for logging in the system; a regular salesperson can't just hop on a computer somewhere and get that info). trust me, a dim-witted salesperson could do a lot of damage on dealerworld.

second, as important as this forum is to all of you here, most people who purchase a Sky have probably never visited this site; so, they do not ask the same kinds of questions (like "what is my event code", "what is my order number", "what is the exact location of my vehicle in real time and global coordinates", etc..). Most salespeople are going to get people who ask "how much longer until my Sky gets here", to which a reply of "pretty soon" will suffice.

third, most salespeople are going to be more focused on selling VUEs and IONs than Skys; for a lot of reasons, including availability. If a salesperson is only going to sell maybe 1 Sky this month, why would he not concentrate more on knowing the features and benefits of higher volume vehicles? especially if he/she is trying to hit some kind of bonus? why spend all of their time checking event codes and giving customers answers every 24 hours on a car that will probably not sell this month (and trust, they are more concerned about units THIS month, not 6 months down the road).

the third reason is probably the most important (and honest) reason for salespeople not being overly concerned about people's Sky obsessions (no offense, but who won't admit to it?).

every salesperson should try their best to be informed, but really you should be speaking to a manager (who has the same goal as the salesperson, really). it varies per store (and per person, I for example am a only a saleperson, but I have taken the time to know all the ins and outs, because I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess...and I think the Sky is a cool car ), but once again, if you sell 30 VUEs for every Sky, what would you devote most of your time and resources to?

Ok, rant over. hope that helps you guys understand what a lot of salespeople are probably thinking. I'm not necessarily defending lack of info., but I understand why.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You made a lot of sense. :) And I feel better understanding the sellsmans position in the bigger picture. :thumbs:
I guess most of us are use to walking in ordering and receiving our vehicles rather quickly. The worst part is just hearing nothing.
And yes I am one of those first time Saturn customers who expected that special customer service Saturn is suppose to be known for. It must begin after taking title. :jester:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome, Skystar. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of extremely knowledgable owners (and soon to be owners, LOL) that post here regularly. Also, use the forum search feature to find answers to a lot of questions quickly... good luck! :)

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
The first 6 weeks aren't too bad, since if you've ever ordered a car it always took six weeks from order until delivery, at least on GMs. Now I'm at seven weeks and still at code 1100. It isn't just the reps that know nothing, the sales manager didn't know much more. Patience is a virtue, but like the old poster of the two buzzards--"patience my a**, I'm gonna kill something".

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hey welcome to the funny farm, did they tell you the roller coaster actually enters a black hole and delivers you to Steven Hawking's living room?
Enjoy the bliss you had as a human being. Knitting party anyone?

Imaged 23/06/06
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake