Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
1st off, thx for posting the article. i always enjoy hearing diff pples opinons.

I LOVE that the top is hidden under the blisters of the trunk lid; but the reviewer just finds the whole top process "maddeningly complex". I like the stiffness / comfort balance of the performance suspension; he finds it uncomfortably harsh. I think this guy might be a better journalist for say, a lincoln towcar. To each his own opinion. i guess thats why i'm buying a red line and the author is not. There is a car for everyone right? and the sky is what's for me :cheers:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Oh boy.... :eek:

OK - just a word of caution here. In EVERY case so far, a reference to the site link provided has ended up in a degraded flame war.

So, please PLEASE PLEASE!!!! remain civil and respectful in your comments. Otherwise, we will have no choice but to remove the thread.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I think I'll pass on this thread, Ernest is working hard at staying out of trouble!!:D
I think I will stay out of trouble too...Skip...Bible belt *******...:lol: :lol: :)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Oh boy.... :eek:

OK - just a word of caution here. In EVERY case so far, a reference to the site link provided has ended up in a degraded flame war.

So, please PLEASE PLEASE!!!! remain civil and respectful in your comments. Otherwise, we will have no choice but to remove the thread.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.
Now, come on, Kappaman ............. you succumbed to the temptation and joined in the fracas in another thread, you ssssssssslilly bwoot you!!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Now, come on, Kappaman ............. you succumbed to the temptation and joined in the fracas in another thread, you ssssssssslilly bwoot you!!!
Hey, all I did was bring up the fact that ANY 4 cylinder 2 seat roadster with decent features and is affordable is bound to be liked by ANY particular group.

The SKY or the SKY RL ain't no different than the miata. I was just bringing up a counterpoint to JL's implication that because the site link provided likes that car, there is anything to it. If anything, it appears they like the miata more...

...but in the end, what does it matter? They are both good cars. The RedLine and GXP have more power stock, but that doesn't diminish the accomplishments of the miata, either. It is and will be for years to come the best selling sports car in history - no matter WHO adopts it as an icon.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey, all I did was bring up the fact that ANY 4 cylinder 2 seat roadster with decent features and is affordable is bound to be liked by ANY particular group.

The SKY or the SKY RL ain't no different than the miata. I was just bringing up a counterpoint to JL's implication that because the site link provided likes that car, there is anything to it. If anything, it appears they like the miata more...

...but in the end, what does it matter? They are both good cars. The RedLine and GXP have more power stock, but that doesn't diminish the accomplishments of the miata, either. It is and will be for years to come the best selling sports car in history - no matter WHO adopts it as an icon.

I think we scared him off in the other thread.... LMFAO:eek:
I was done with that anyway,:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
I agree... why would you expect results from a slice of people that is different from society as a whole?

If ya asked the gay community what thier favorite BaseBall team is, and they choose Yankees... does it imply anything about all Yankees fans? No, cause good chance society as a whole would have Yankees at or near top of list.

If ya asked the gay community what thier favorite vacation resorts are, and Disney World is near the top... does it imply anything about all of the millions of people that go there? No, cause good chance society as a whole would have Disney World at or near top of list.

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
I thought it was a very balanced article. Compared to the Miata, the top is complex, but those of us that prefer the styling that it makes possible are willing to put up with it. The ride on rough surfaces is rough, but those of us that like the precise handling it makes possible are willing to put up with it.

The reviewer did not focus solely on what he perceived to be negatives, just threw them into the mix with the positives. I think the key factor here is the publication is auto-centric. The unreasonable (in our view) reviews have typically been from non-automotive oriented publications.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Good article, although I do agree with the general consesus that the top isn't THAT hard to open/close.

He/she made it seem like Calculus to operate. "open the glove box and hit the trunk release button" I mean, c'mon....complaining about pushing a button. I hardly consider that a "step" Yeah, it's not a single push button power top, but honestly, i wouldn't get it even if it were offered for this car. Spending an extra 1-2K because I don't want to get out of the car and spend an extra maybe....20 seconds putting the top up/down,...a waste of money in my eyes.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Good article, although I do agree with the general consesus that the top isn't THAT hard to open/close.

He/she made it seem like Calculus to operate. "open the glove box and hit the trunk release button" I mean, c'mon....complaining about pushing a button. I hardly consider that a "step" Yeah, it's not a single push button power top, but honestly, i wouldn't get it even if it were offered for this car. Spending an extra 1-2K because I don't want to get out of the car and spend an extra maybe....20 seconds putting the top up/down,...a waste of money in my eyes.
I agree with Antonio with regard to the top, and if I can comment without starting a flame war with the automobile reviewers. When reviewers say the top is hard to work, I think they are actually saying more about their own skill/intelligence then they are about the car............:eek: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Ya know...

If I really wanted to get into trouble, I would say...

But actually, I'm reformed. More or less. Probably less. Or, not at all.

I think I better go now.

:leaving:

·
Registered
745 Posts
good fashion sense

We were talking about fashion sense at dinner at the Wisconsin Dells run this saturday.

If I like most guys had to pick out my clothes I would look like a caveman.

My tailor (who is flaming) coordinates everything and for a not so handsome guy thats not to bright and without a personality I get quite alot of comments from women on my attire. Lol

So if this site says its hot. Good for me I have a very fashionable car.

I'm sure thats what the original poster meant by starting this post.

·
Registered
411 Posts
We were talking about fashion sense at dinner at the Wisconsin Dells run this saturday.

If I like most guys had to pick out my clothes I would look like a caveman.

My tailor (who is flaming) coordinates everything and for a not so handsome guy thats not to bright and without a personality I get quite alot of comments from women on my attire. Lol

So if this site says its hot. Good for me I have a very fashionable car.

I'm sure thats what the original poster meant by starting this post.

Yeah, I don't think they meant to start a Flamers war,.. mmh mhhmm ,... I mean Flaming war.
:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts