Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wonderfull wife suprised me earlier this week by putting a deposit down on a SKY without me knowing it and then had the salesman call me at work to come down and order my car! Needless to say, I stopped in after work and ordered the car that same day! I'm am looking forward to having not only a NEW car but a SKY Redline! So now I join the ranks of the those in waiting. I can do this. I ordered the RL in silver graphite with black/red leather, manual trans, single CD Monsoon audio system, XM, and chrome plated wheels all at MSRP! No dealer add ons or jacking around. I'm #13 in line at my dealership and they are getting about SKY 2 allocations per week. We're guestimating delivery sometime in Feb, March, April 2007. I'm OK with this wait. I'll pass the time by changing the SKY photos on my home and work computer screen backgrounds, lurking about the forums and watching with envy those SKYs (and Solstices (Solsticii?)) I see on the road. This car will be my first brand new car in a long time. I inherited my wifes 94 Suburban (we bought new and now at 211,000 miles) when she got a new 04 VUE. Before that it was an 87 Olds Cutlass Salon 2 door (V8, RWD). The SKY will be my first 2 seater, first convertable and it will be a 3 seasons daily driver. The old 'Burban stays around for the utility and for winter duties. Drive save!

Mark in INdiana

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Congrats and welcome to our little club. LOL

Don't let the wait get to you.:willy: It will come eventually.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to see you on the road.

2 a week?? They were saying 2 a month just last month. Guess they've up-ed the allocations! Woo Hoo!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the waiting game, and great to hear of a dealer that is sticking to the MRSP, yea! Lucky 13 on the list!

TulsaSky

Mark in INdiana said:
My wonderfull wife suprised me earlier this week by putting a deposit down on a SKY without me knowing it and then had the salesman call me at work to come down and order my car! Needless to say, I stopped in after work and ordered the car that same day! I'm am looking forward to having not only a NEW car but a SKY Redline! So now I join the ranks of the those in waiting. I can do this. I ordered the RL in silver graphite with black/red leather, manual trans, single CD Monsoon audio system, XM, and chrome plated wheels all at MSRP! No dealer add ons or jacking around. I'm #13 in line at my dealership and they are getting about SKY 2 allocations per week. We're guestimating delivery sometime in Feb, March, April 2007. I'm OK with this wait. I'll pass the time by changing the SKY photos on my home and work computer screen backgrounds, lurking about the forums and watching with envy those SKYs (and Solstices (Solsticii?)) I see on the road. This car will be my first brand new car in a long time. I inherited my wifes 94 Suburban (we bought new and now at 211,000 miles) when she got a new 04 VUE. Before that it was an 87 Olds Cutlass Salon 2 door (V8, RWD). The SKY will be my first 2 seater, first convertable and it will be a 3 seasons daily driver. The old 'Burban stays around for the utility and for winter duties. Drive save!

Mark in INdiana

·
Registered
358 Posts
rick112 said:
Congrats and welcome to our little club. LOL

Don't let the wait get to you.:willy: It will come eventually.

Shouldn't you be out in the sunshine driving and driving and driving:jester:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mark in INdiana said:

Mark in INdiana
Which dealership did you order from in Indiana? Are you # 13 in line for a SKY, or # 13 in Line for a Redline?
I have mine ordered from a 3 dealership group that places the 3 dealerships all into 1 big list. I am # 7 on the Redline list, and #38 on the overall SKY list.
They will not say when they think I might get it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IndySkys-
I ordered the RL thru Saturn of Michiana in Mishawaka, IN. (S. Bend). I'm told that they had 12 SKYs in front of mine - the first 6 were standard and the last 6 (7 including mine) are all RLs. I understand and accept that estimating delivery at this point is little more than wishfull thinking.

Mark in INdiana

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mark -

I would imagine the remaining 6 standard skys will get processed fairly quick, however more than likely slow a bit when they get to the redlines. Sounds like they at least have given you a reasonable expectation on when you will get yours.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Mark in INdiana said:

Mark in INdiana
I don't believe any dealership will be getting 2 redlines a month never mind a week. I think you either misunderstood or the dealer is BSing you.They will only be making 3,000/35000 Red Lines for the 2007 model and there are around 500 US dealers then you have canada also. Hate to say it but SOME dealers might not get any.

So if the production is 3,000 most dealers will get 4/6 and some might get 8/8 depending on the Size and volume of dealership.

What number in line are you for a Red Line ??

·
Registered
192 Posts
IndySkys said:
Which dealership did you order from in Indiana? Are you # 13 in line for a SKY, or # 13 in Line for a Redline?
I have mine ordered from a 3 dealership group that places the 3 dealerships all into 1 big list. I am # 7 on the Redline list, and #38 on the overall SKY list.
They will not say when they think I might get it.
IndySkys, I'm #5 on the list for a Redline at Greenwood. I was #1 for my base model that I am currently driving. When I gave them my deposit they said possibly the end of the year for delivery.

Here is an interesting note for all of us waiting a Redline. Got a call from a contact in the Springhill plant today and he said the supervisor over the Redline assembly drove a Redline from Pontiac, MI to Springhill yesterday and was excited with the power and the way it drove. His message to us in waiting was we won't be dissapointed.:cheers: :driving: :driving:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:
IndySkys, I'm #5 on the list for a Redline at Greenwood. I was #1 for my base model that I am currently driving. When I gave them my deposit they said possibly the end of the year for delivery.

Here is an interesting note for all of us waiting a Redline. Got a call from a contact in the Springhill plant today and he said the supervisor over the Redline assembly drove a Redline from Pontiac, MI to Springhill yesterday and was excited with the power and the way it drove. His message to us in waiting was we won't be dissapointed.:cheers: :driving: :driving:
Hell, that's easy for HIM to say. He's :driving: one :banghead: :mad: :brentil:

·
Registered
96 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:

WOW. I am #7 at Greenwood, but they explained to me that #7 was not for just Greenwood, but for the other 2 Indy dealerships as well since they pool the numbers. I would guess that means you are #5 on the master list for all 3.
So we could be # 2-3 if it was just based on Greenwood orders I would think.
I was really hoping to get it by Christmas, but not so sure..........

·
Registered
4 Posts
I caved

I'm the wonderful (?) wife of Mark in Indiana. :D I was tired of just watching my poor dear husband :drool: over every Sky that was ordered and/or recieved.

We are gladly recieving cash or check donations if anyone wants to make one:lol:

Looking forward to the delivery day in the future, I think my husband is looking forward to car that as he did to our children's delivery. We were a little more certain of the date of them though.

·
Registered
342 Posts
SkyWidow said:
I think my husband is looking forward to car that as he did to our children's delivery. We were a little more certain of the date of them though.
Well... you could always plan on twins (Skys, that is...) :willy:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not that it happens often, nor am I looking for mistakes....but I am his wife and how else would he know if he had any flaws, but the allotment is two per month, NOT two per week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts