Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, well, it's been pointed out to me that perhaps my first notice of car delivery was a bit short. We'll try to do a bit better this time.

The car arrived a few days ago in Santa Clarita. Emailed pics from the dealer of course tanked productivity until I could slip over to decide if I wanted to take it. The test drive was the first time in quite a few years on manual transmission so I pretty much focused on keeping the car lit. Not difficult at all to get the hang of. The salesman didn't complain about my shifting, but did indicate that he got a lot of looks from folks, so I guess if you're looking for attention in your Sky, you'll need to drive around with your salesman. Seemed to me since they took the time and trouble to let me drive the thing, the least I could do was take it off their hands.

As a current Saturn owner, I'd have to say the actual purchase from Santa Clarita was pretty much textbook Saturn. Absolutely no pressure or hassle. I was fully briefed on all available options and free to choose once I had enough information to decide. No pressure, very low key, very easy. The comments from my ride and spotter were typical from a non Saturnite, as they've never experienced this sort of thing. I guess I take it for granted. I choose who I deal with, and who I don't.

The car itself is certainly worth the wait. I've found nothing really in terms of fit and finish problems. Absolutely no clunk, rattles, or noise from the 5-speed standard transmission. Exhaust note and siteline down the hood remind me a bit of previous Triumphs, although the Sky seems to want to start reliably. Handling is all it has been described as, as the car pretty much gallops through the canyon twisties. No need to exceed the speed limit here, as the suspension tuning and judicous use of all pedals are more than empowering for an E-ticket ride.

Required pics below.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
cerberus said:
Ok, well, it's been pointed out to me that perhaps my first notice of car delivery was a bit short. We'll try to do a bit better this time.

The car arrived a few days ago in Santa Clarita. Emailed pics from the dealer of course tanked productivity until I could slip over to decide if I wanted to take it. The test drive was the first time in quite a few years on manual transmission so I pretty much focused on keeping the car lit. Not difficult at all to get the hang of. The salesman didn't complain about my shifting, but did indicate that he got a lot of looks from folks, so I guess if you're looking for attention in your Sky, you'll need to drive around with your salesman. Seemed to me since they took the time and trouble to let me drive the thing, the least I could do was take it off their hands.

As a current Saturn owner, I'd have to say the actual purchase from Santa Clarita was pretty much textbook Saturn. Absolutely no pressure or hassle. I was fully briefed on all available options and free to choose once I had enough information to decide. No pressure, very low key, very easy. The comments from my ride and spotter were typical from a non Saturnite, as they've never experienced this sort of thing. I guess I take it for granted. I choose who I deal with, and who I don't.

The car itself is certainly worth the wait. I've found nothing really in terms of fit and finish problems. Absolutely no clunk, rattles, or noise from the 5-speed standard transmission. Exhaust note and siteline down the hood remind me a bit of previous Triumphs, although the Sky seems to want to start reliably. Handling is all it has been described as, as the car pretty much gallops through the canyon twisties. No need to exceed the speed limit here, as the suspension tuning and judicous use of all pedals are more than empowering for an E-ticket ride.

Required pics below.
Cerebus,
The car looks great! Are those polished or chrome wheels?

I like the last pic thats a keeper.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Man these are SUCH cool cars!:thumbs:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Great pics!!! Truly. We don't see a lot of "Desert" pics and the colors are great!!! I'm glad you had a good experience in Santa Clarita since it is the sister store to the Galpin one, which seems to have double billed me for my wheels and tires. Good lookin' out and enjoy your ride! You have perfect weather this weekend with a bonus day to drive. Get out there and do it! :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats !!! Have fun and keep that thing off the dirt man this ant no BAJA 1000 score truck!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
cerberus said:
Ok, well, it's been pointed out to me that perhaps my first notice of car delivery was a bit short. ....................Required pics below.
Love your pictures. I took some last weekend just off of Sierra Hwy, but I was really looking for the spot you have in the 5th picture. I know it is somewhere between Sierra Hwy and US-14...but, where?
Thanks
great shots

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
rich - yes. chrome.

eldeeko said:
Love your pictures. I took some last weekend just off of Sierra Hwy, but I was really looking for the spot you have in the 5th picture. I know it is somewhere between Sierra Hwy and US-14...but, where?
Thanks
great shots
vasquez rocks in agua dulce.
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=&csz=agua+dulce+ca&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

agua dulce canyon road from either sierra or 14, unless you cut the corner w/ davenport.
watch close for the entrance as it's easy to pass a few times.
just a one lane dirt entrance which winds back into the park.

get those back nerves straight and find some dirt (sorry livewire).

next time over the next hill?
did they leave the flinstones set?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts